It is currently 11 May 2024, 16:43

Has the world gone mad.

Announce your sales on ebay. Post interesting or funny ebay observations as well.
  • Author

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Has the world gone mad.

Post05 Jun 2015, 01:33

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: Has the world gone mad.

Post05 Jun 2015, 03:23

Dude it says needs battery and nothing about it being spares or repairs or it may or may not work.
So if it arrives and it don't work with new batteries the buyer has redress via ebay.
I know I've done it myself.
Recently I bought a Hammy from the US I asked them to put on the paperwork "broken watch for repair"
The seller sent me a nasty email saying he wouldn't as it wasn't a broken watch.
When it arrived and it didn't work with a new battery, along with the fact the lid on the plastic box
had been broken, as he had only packed it in one layer of bubble wrap then taped it up in a padded bag. :bang:
I sent him photo's, and he gave me a full refund. As he said if he didn't ebay would, and then take it from
him anyway. Because he had said it wasn't broken, and that was only in a message after the purchase,
and not in the listing.

I also got my own back on a "don't know if it works no batteries to try it" type of listing. I wasn't really
bothered as I was buying it for other bits, band etc.
When it turned up I made a video of me opening the package as I always do just in case they send me
a bag of crap/not the item I bought. I carried on filming when the back came off the watch and the
batteries fell out. First thing I did was check them (still filming) and low and behold 1.57 volts. Hmmmm
Sent him a message and some pics from the film to back it up, which he ignored.
Opened a case which he responded saying "I was lying". I just said I had proof, and contacted ebay.
Money was in my account within 10 minutes. # smugface
And the moral of the story is,,, DON'T LIE..:ha:
:dwf:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Has the world gone mad.

Post07 Jun 2015, 21:08

jagmad wrote:Dude it says needs battery and nothing about it being spares or repairs or it may or may not work.
So if it arrives and it don't work with new batteries the buyer has redress via ebay.
I know I've done it myself.
Recently I bought a Hammy from the US I asked them to put on the paperwork "broken watch for repair"
The seller sent me a nasty email saying he wouldn't as it wasn't a broken watch.
When it arrived and it didn't work with a new battery, along with the fact the lid on the plastic box
had been broken, as he had only packed it in one layer of bubble wrap then taped it up in a padded bag. :bang:
I sent him photo's, and he gave me a full refund. As he said if he didn't ebay would, and then take it from
him anyway. Because he had said it wasn't broken, and that was only in a message after the purchase,
and not in the listing.

I also got my own back on a "don't know if it works no batteries to try it" type of listing. I wasn't really
bothered as I was buying it for other bits, band etc.
When it turned up I made a video of me opening the package as I always do just in case they send me
a bag of crap/not the item I bought. I carried on filming when the back came off the watch and the
batteries fell out. First thing I did was check them (still filming) and low and behold 1.57 volts. Hmmmm
Sent him a message and some pics from the film to back it up, which he ignored.
Opened a case which he responded saying "I was lying". I just said I had proof, and contacted ebay.
Money was in my account within 10 minutes. # smugface
And the moral of the story is,,, DON'T LIE..:ha:
:dwf:

I've learnt my lesson with the, " Just needs a battery line". If the seller has a collectable watch and cant be bothered to install a set of £4 batteries to see if it works I now always steer well clear. I was just amazed someone would gamble £617. Although I do like the filming while opening to catch these punks out :grin1:

Return to Ebay and Other