It is currently 11 May 2024, 19:40

For those UK sellers whos intl. sales dropped drastically..

Announce your sales on ebay. Post interesting or funny ebay observations as well.
  • Author

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

For those UK sellers whos intl. sales dropped drastically..

Post10 Jun 2015, 18:22

The past few months I noticed a drop in view counts and sales outside Europe.
I also noticed the "International Site Visibility upgrade" wasn't available anymore.
I had a good look into this today and this is what I came up with

(explanations from another seller) My exact problem:

I've just spoken again to Ebay about items in certain categories still not showing in the "main search reults/listings" on Ebay.com Ebay.ca or Ebay.au automatically without the ISV upgrade option as Ebay are saying that they now do.

As I said before items do show further down on the "Search Results" pages under "Items found from international sellers" but NOT in amongst the main results/listings on that site like they did before when you had paid for ISV (which was the whole point of it to get your listings to show in with the other main search results/items) as generally people don't bother on their "home" site to scroll all the way down to look at whats available from international sellers.

Initially the guy I spoke to seemed to think that because my listings are on the other sites that it was the same as when I had paid for ISV previously - but when I explained that my items are now not in the "main listings" without the ISV upgrade/option and he looked at the US site listings/results pages for my items - he agreed with me that they are not being shown in the same manner as they were with ISV. He also wasn't aware that other sellers are having the same problem and saying the same thing as me.

He wasn't sure but said that he thought that this is going to be how it is from now on. So basically it looks like there is no real ISV anymore - listings always did show in "Items found from international sellers" but as sellers wanted their items to have more visibility that's why they paid for ISV to get their items up in with the "main listings" on other sites.

I'm certain that without the same "visibility" that I had previously with ISV that I will not get the international sales/bidders that I did before which will result in making substantially less (or no sale at all) on many items which I cannot afford and I'm sure will be the same for countless others.

So if you are in the same position as me - please contact Ebay because maybe if enough people complain and make Ebay aware of the effect this will have on our future/potential sales they might change it or bring back the ISV option upgrade.

Answer from ebay:

When you list inventory in certain categories on eBay.co.uk, we’ll automatically show these items on eBay.com and eBay.ca. and we’ve removed the international site visibility upgrade option for these categories. This means that you won’t need to pay an additional fee for your listings in these categories to appear on these two sites. We’ve listed the categories below.

We’ll still charge a fee for the international site visibility listing upgrade for all other categories for sellers who would like their UK listings to be shown on eBay.com and eBay.ca.

We’re not changing the international site visibility listing upgrade fee for listing on our other international sites, such as eBay.com.au.

Business & Industrial

Medical Supplies/ Disposables

Presentation/ AV/ Projectors

Collectibles

1960s

Aeronautica

Animation Art

Antique (Pre-1940)

Antiques & Art

Art Glass

Artist

Bicycle

Cigarette Lighters

Contemporary (1940-Now)

Drinkware/ Glasses/ Steins

Falkland Islands

Germany & Colonies

Harry Potter

Hermann

Magic

Mongolia

Novelty

Other Breweriana

Paper/ Labels

Pipes

Playskool

Sports Memorabilia

Stamps

Star Wars

Topographical: Rest of World

TV Series

Vintage

Electronics

GPS & In-Car Technology

GPS Accessories

Laser Pointers

Network Hubs

Personal CD Players

Presentation/ AV/ Projectors

Processing Equipment

Radio Tuners

Fashion

Activewear

Bracelets

Braces

Brooches & Pins

Costume Jewellery

Cufflinks

Fine Jewellery

Massagers

Men's Formal Occasion

Shorts

Underwear

Vintage & Antique Jewellery

Vintage Fine Jewellery

Watches

Home & Garden

Blankets

Drawing Supplies

Dummies, Pacifiers & Soothers

Kits & Projects

Other Art Supplies

Party Supplies

Lifestyle

Cases

Cello

Flute

Music

Ukulele

Media

Antiquarian & Collectable

Music

The solution .... :

For anyone who wants to know how to get their listings to show in the "main search results" on Ebay.com for Books - Antiquarian & Collectable (which I think applies to some other categories as well that sellers have been having problems with since Ebay removed the ISV ugrade option) - When you fill out your listings pages (or if revising current listings) - in the Add P&P Details - International Postage section - even if you've selected Will Post Worldwide and have used a postage rate table etc - you will also need to select Choose Custom Location as well and tick the box for United States - select a postage service and put in a postage cost - this will get your item into the main search results on the US site like it did before when you paid for the ISV upgrade that is no longer available.

I thought that if you did the same process with Canada and Australia it would get your items into the main search results on those sites as well - but it doesn't.

So I've spoken to CS again today and they've said this is the way it is going to operate from now on. (Some?) sellers will not be able to get their items in the main search results for Ebay.ca or Ebay.au unless they directly list on that site (paying that sites fees and if you wanted to also list that same item on the UK site as well it will cause problems of duplicate listings) Or on the Aus site the only other way (I can see) to get an "Antiquarian category" book in the main search results is to list it in a second category as well (example - Children's or Fiction - paying a fee for this) - but I don't think this works for the Canada site. There was an announcement from Ebay saying "that the Aus ISV was not changing and would still need to be used for visibility on Ebay.au" - but this is not on the second listings page anymore under Listing Enhancements/Make Your Listing Stand Out (where it used to be) for Antiquarian - I don't know if it is still available for other categories or not?.....

CS said they're aware that not having proper visibility (as it used to be) for Canada and Australia (as it was with the ISV upgrade) is a problem for many sellers and will be reviewing the situation at their next meeting. They might bring back ISV for Can and Aus but if they decide not too some sellers will be stuck with only being able to have their items show in the "Other items from Ebay International Sellers" which (as I've said before and CS agreed with me) many people don't bother to scroll down past the main search results to look at - so obviously causing loss of sales/money.

Why can't Ebay just leave things alone that work perfectly well as they were!........

Read it here:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-C ... -p/4117038

Return to Ebay and Other