It is currently 09 May 2024, 12:41

A minute ago eBay got rid of 'vintage', 'Retro' etc

Announce your sales on ebay. Post interesting or funny ebay observations as well.
  • Author

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

A minute ago eBay got rid of 'vintage', 'Retro' etc

Post21 Aug 2015, 19:02

Allright ... another fantastic eBay experiment

As from one minute ago (literally) eBay.com got rid of their usual 'vintage', 'Retro' etc search option and replaced it on the fly with decades ........

We now have to deal with 'year of manufacture' , per decade

I am very curious where this will lead to in terms of sales and future search results ..

Already all watches listed under 'vintage' seemed to have disappeared (hundreds of thousands) within a moment and are now listed under 'not specified' and thus more or less invisible as eBay didn't find the wisdom and/or technical capability to link their old options to their new ones (i.e. making a 1978 watch listed as 'vintage' visible under their new '1970-1979' )

But maybe (MAYBE..) they will fix that later on, who knows .. (I personally am under the impression that ebay as an organization has minimal contact with their users/community, so I doubt they will)

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Re: A minute ago eBay got rid of 'vintage', 'Retro' etc

Post24 Aug 2015, 07:42

Ebay are a strange organization. Other businesses would seek to engage with their customers and suppliers if they weren't doing so well !

Return to Ebay and Other