It is currently 11 May 2024, 12:42

Say ko

Announce your sales on ebay. Post interesting or funny ebay observations as well.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Say ko

Post01 Nov 2015, 00:29

Just to let you all know I've messaged this guy saying if he has any questions
about his "highly collection" this is the best place to ask. :-?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VINTAGE- ... Sw5ZBWNCTy
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Say ko

Post04 Nov 2015, 20:46

Dude ...
What exactly was the problem with this listing?
A lot of people use 'ULTRA RARE' , 'HIGHLY COLLECTABLE' , etc etc etc
If its about that ... let them be ;)
The ultimate selling price was fair. Original strap in good condition, crystal in reasonable condition and the movement looks all functional and looks leakage free (these Seiko's often have black spots in the reflector as the reflector sits right on top of the battery) and running fine. Also, no serious rainbow on the display.
All in all a very good grab for the buyer.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post04 Nov 2015, 21:20

Dude are you seriously asking what my problem is??????????

I have no problem with the watch. I think maybe you have either miss understood or you're not read the listing description. :scratch:

Below is the description taken straight from the listing. I just found it funny and thought I would share it.

VERY VINTAGE SEIKO LCD HIGHLY COLLECTION FEEL FREE TO ANSWER ALL THE QUESTION THANK YOU AND HAPPY BIDDNG

Is this your listing? Because you sure sound like it is. ;-) :grin1:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Nov 2015, 21:34

No, not mine

Im not asking what your problem is, I was asking what the problem with the listing was ;)

But now I understand its all about the typo, highly collection vs highly collectible. And probably a sentence without interpunction etc ..

Some people have a form of dyslexia, no idea of its the case with this seller, but hey

Personally, if the watch is fine and the seller seems friendly (he is open to questions, obviously has no idea about vintage Seiko LCD's though, but what the heck), I am cool

Nice watch, nevertheless :)

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post04 Nov 2015, 22:36

Hi no problem dude just my warped sense of humour again.... Although: :scratch:

And probably a sentence without interpunction etc ..

What's interpunction? Do you mean punctuation? And several sentences?
(Well there would'ave been more than one if they had used a little interpunction? :grin1:

Some people have a form of dyslexia, no idea of its the case with this seller, but hey

Would that be a form of dyslexia that affects the ability to switch off the caps lock? M:)W:)M

I would ask them but they will probably expect me to answer it for them. :grin1:
FEEL FREE TO ANSWER ALL THE QUESTION

I'm sorry I've got to stop before I wet myself from laughing.

MICK! HEEEEELP! How did you make it to the loo in time? :-?

Ps. Sorry about me. M:)W:)M !@@! ;-) ;-)

PPs. Just had a thought :scratch: Maybe this new form of LYXDEXIA could be called PIGEON-ITUS

No p-air don't do it. !@@! !@@! :police: :police: :police:

:dwf:

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Nov 2015, 22:50

He uses that in all his listings

Having that said, I don't have dyslexia. I do speak a language far from English in my country though. Do you speak any language outside the border?

Ow, to hell with it.. Let us not make the elephant of the fly eh?

All I was saying is : this listing (read: buyer) looks pretty reliable to me and is not very out of the ordinary 'crappy descriptions' which I have seen on eBay sometimes.

The watch he is offering is, from my opinion, a reasonable Seiko for a good price

Period. (as far as I am concerned)

Meanwhile, keep posting em, don't mind me ;) (I recently posted an item in here about a clown from Romania, which wasn't appreciated by others)

Have a good night

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post05 Nov 2015, 00:04

Hi don't worry about the elephant he don't wanna fly. :grin1:
Just keep flogging that dead horse, or digging that hole your standing in.

Also I know you don't have LYXDEXIA, I do though. M:)W:)M

I never said he didn't look reliable. (I just found it funny)

Nor did I say anything derogatory about his watch, the price or anything. I agree with you.
(I just found it funny)

Don't worry I'll keep posting em and I won't mind you because. (I just find it funny)

Sorry if I upset you but perhaps if you had understood and found it funny too, you wouldn't have been upset.

I don't mind if someone didn't find it funny, people can do what the hell they like, so long
as no one gets hurt and it can't be fixed, it's okay by me.

We had a saying when I was younger "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never
hurt me." Nor poking a bit of fun at me.
No one can hurt me in that way without my permission.
Permission is never granted trust me.

If we're not careful writing IMO or IMHO will be outlawed due to the fear of discriminating.

A very clever person I grew up with used to have a saying about poking fun or taking the mick
or ripping the piss out of people: "Give it them until they can take it. It's only their insecurity
that makes them get defensive and kick back, after it's been pointed out to them that they took
it the wrong way" If offence isn't given then none should be taken. If it is taken then it's only in
the head of the one who's offended. A figment of their imagination.
If someone has said something and it was taken as offensive when it wasn't meant in that way.
Then it's just a misunderstanding, end of. No need to let it end in third world war. IMHO. ooops. :oops:
:amen:
P-air

Return to Ebay and Other