It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:50

Sponsors and Professionals

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

dot matrix

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Sponsors and Professionals

Post12 Apr 2006, 22:53

Hi guys,

This forum has been around for a while and I think it's been pretty successful - mainly due to the extensive amount of knowledge, discussion, and involvement that everyone here has contributed. Thank you all very much for being a part of this.

I think that the time is right to launch two new services, and I think that people will like them:

The first is optional "site sponsorship"

Site Sponsorship is open to anyone. Here's how it works: You help fund this forum by making a contribution of $25.00 via paypal. In return, you get a custom "Site Sponsor" rank to replace the default (Geek, Nerd, Techie, Wizard, etc) ranks that appears below your name and above your avatar. The associated picture can be either 5 red LEDs, 5 yellow LEDs, or 5 green LEDs - your choice. Just specify which color LEDs you want along with your paypal donation.

The other service is for digital watch professionals only. This means that you must be in the business of buying and/or selling digital watches; servicing digital watches; and/or manufacturing digital watches. Professionals receive the exclusive all-blue LED "Professional" rank. No one else on the forum other than Professionals has ever had or will ever be able to display the all-blue LED rank. Professionals also have the choice of having their own custom forum dedicated to their product or service added to this site. Advertising and other services are also available.

If interested in finding out more, send me a PM for details and/or options.

Thanks!
LED watches are quiet and polite. No ticking, no tocking, no beeping, no buzzing; they will only tell you the time when you ask to see it and they will do so instantly with no attention-seeking animations. A more civilized watch for a more civilized age.

dot matrix

Re: Sponsors and Professionals

Post10 May 2006, 22:50

So far two people have become "Sponsors" of this forum - thanks guys!

This was a slightly lower response than I was hoping for, so in another effort to help fund the site, I'm trying google ads for a while to see how that works out. If it turns out that they don't pay much, then I'll remove them.

Because of the lackluster response to my initial announcement, I'm going to lower the price for "Professionals."

I'm keeping "Sponsors" at $25, since lowering the price on that would be a disservice to those who have already very kindly helped out. I am, however, lowering the price for "Professionals" to meet it: $25.

The prices are now the same, but as before, to qualify for "Professional" status you must be in the business of making, selling, and/or repairing digital watches. As a bonus, in addition to the exclusive all-blue LED rank, "Professionals" will also be given a forum dedicated to their product or service if they wish to have one.

Feel free to send a PM for PayPal info or if you have any questions.
LED watches are quiet and polite. No ticking, no tocking, no beeping, no buzzing; they will only tell you the time when you ask to see it and they will do so instantly with no attention-seeking animations. A more civilized watch for a more civilized age.

Return to Members of DWF