It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:35

ALL TIME MUST HAVE LED..whats yours?

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: ALL TIME MUST HAVE LED..whats yours?

Post26 May 2009, 19:57

Well, the Benrus po-top is sold... I had it out to prepare for shipment, loaded it with batteries and then this topic came up. The watch-gods were obviously amusing themselves.

GP driver in 18k gold-plate coming up....what, I only waited 5 months for the custom band to come. :x Original gold GP buckle put on a black dyed ostrich(calf backed) band, original inner & outer boxes. Some German fellow was pestering me weekly and then gave up. Part of the issue was he wanted me to sell it without the band, when I already had made the $300+ investment(just for the band, they have a different sized lug front & back, had to fit the original GP gold buckle,nicer leathers,etc.) When would I use that band? I thought I had made an excellent selection for it. Exudes class, IMO. $2500
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post26 May 2009, 20:08

Very nice GP...... I want them all.

With regards to the Benrus - how is the pop up action activated?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: : ALL TIME MUST HAVE LED..whats yours?

Post26 May 2009, 20:17

bucko170 wrote:With regards to the Benrus - how is the pop up action activated?
Push button on side release watch, it pops up and shows time, press(top) down not quite all the way, DOW and date, press again and continuous seconds. They have a curious double contact inside, so the module is normally in contact with one, breaks contact with one and makes contact with other when lifting. The setting "dimple" is on the underside. The setting dimple moves through all four functions like most LEDS, you just gently bob the top up and down to move the digits ahead. Tricky to work on out of the case as the bottom(caseback) is loaded with the spring for the movement sections "pop-up" action.

bucko170 wrote:Very nice GP...... I want them all.
I'm sure you will get them eventually Mick :lol: Patience. :-) Reminds me of a joke.....
Young bull to old bull:"hey, lets run down the hill and get us one of them cows!"
Old bull:"you run if you want, but I'll walk and have them all." :lol:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

Post26 May 2009, 20:18

"retroleds"
GP

nice nice GP ..that will sell in seconds..

G.
Funkguy
Previous

Return to Members of DWF