It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:15

Hi All

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

andyft21

Hi All

Post01 Feb 2010, 21:56

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Andy and I am from Scotland.

I am new to digital watches but not to watches in general (40 + and counting), all my watches so far are either autos or quartz.

I have just ordered a Majestyk M-I after a recommendation on another forum and I am looking forward to getting this. (I think the guy who did the review created a bit of a run on them).

I have been having a look around here trying to learn as much as I can before making my next purchase, I am looking for a vintage LED, but will not make a purchase until I have spent a bit of time on here (and save a bit of money :lol: ).

Andy

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Hi All

Post02 Feb 2010, 15:15

Welcome to the forum Andy!
The Majestyk M-I is a good start to see if you can get accustomed to an LED watch, that is having to press a button for time. (I'm currently going throug this process again: after wearing only LCD watches for 2 years I switched over to a 'new' vintage LED watch 3 days ago :-D )
If you have an M-I, you also need an M-II to complete your collection - and each in read and blue of course ;-)

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post02 Feb 2010, 19:12

after wearing only LCD watches for 2 years I switched over to a 'new' vintage LED watch 3 days ago

Rewolf, I'd venture a guess that the LCD you are referring to is one (or several) of your Junghans..... but what about this 'new' LED in your collection!?
Pictures please.... :-D

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: : Hi All

Post03 Feb 2010, 02:24

LEDluvr wrote:Rewolf, I'd venture a guess that the LCD you are referring to is one (or several) of your Junghans..... but what about this 'new' LED in your collection!?
Pictures please.... :-D
Wrong guess ;-)
The LCD was the Ventura v-tec kappa. I've been wearing it almost exclusively since I purchased it.

The 'new' LED is one I've been dreaming of for many years - a GP Casquette stainless steel in very good condition :-D :-D :-D. Not off ebay, so the price was reasonable (though not cheap). Have no photos yet.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post03 Feb 2010, 02:55

Wow - a Stainless Steel GP to go wtih your Marcalon one.
That's a good reason for giving the Ventura a rest.... 8-)

andyft21

Post05 Feb 2010, 20:02

Hi All, my Majestyk M-I arrived today, I am well pleased a great looking watch and as has been said not a bad way to start this LED collecting lark.

Return to Members of DWF