It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:40

Ernest Krahenbuhl

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

4thdimension

Ernest Krahenbuhl

Post09 Mar 2012, 19:19

Hi, My name is Cort. I found this site while googling for info about an inventor/watchmaker named Ernest Krahenbuhl who patented a nifty device for converting standard pocket watches from analog to digital . There was a post here a few years ago in which his name was brought up. I hoped you might be interested to see what one of these looks like. I do have a cigar box of old LED watches and will ask about those later but, for now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Re: Ernest Krahenbuhl

Post09 Mar 2012, 20:46

hi there,
welcome to the forum.
I'm very much into mechanical digital so please let me know what this jump hour has in common with Pallweber?

best
Piotr
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

4thdimension

Re: Ernest Krahenbuhl

Post09 Mar 2012, 21:31

Hello Piotr, The Pallweber watch was designed as a complete watch with a digital reading dial. Ernest Krahenbuhl felt that some people might trust a particular brand of watch already so he invented a replacement dial that could be applied to any make of watch without making any changes other than removing the old dial and hands. The example above is less than 2 mm thick. You can read more about his patent here http://www.google.com/patents?id=_d4-AA ... CD4Q6AEwBA
-Cort

Return to Members of DWF