It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:28

Hi from Japan.

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

thebob

Hi from Japan.

Post13 Apr 2014, 12:13

Hi everyone, I'm based in Japan and I like digital watches. I'd like an LED one, but classic LCD's are just so much cheaper.

I'm into old Casiotrons and Marlins with SS cases. I think the earlier Seikos and Citizens are more "tasteful" but a little too expensive.

I'm interested in refinishing and customising, and would like to change the polarising film on some watches to learn how to do it, when I find out where to get the film. The articles on this forum are very helpful, and there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable posters.

I'd like to see articles about other peoples projects, and information on where to source tools and materials other than fleabay.

I seem to have a lot of watches without bands. It is often just as expensive to ship a band than a broken watch. I'd love to find a stash of vintage SS bands just to make some of my watches complete. I'm not so worried about keeping an old watch in "original" condition. I think it is more important to be able to wear them and feel that you have "preserved" something.

Thanks for your time reading my post. If you have any leads on good, cheap shops for old watches in Japan, drop me a PM.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Hi from Japan.

Post13 Apr 2014, 15:41

Hello and welcome to the forum :-)

Information regarding changing the polarising film can be found on the forum, e.g viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5374&p=35043&hilit=polarising#p35043
if you do a search for 'polarising film' it will bring up several posts containing excellent information on the subject.

"willkommen"

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Hi from Japan.

Post13 Apr 2014, 20:15

Hi Bob and welcome to the board....all you are looking for and more is here on the board...have fun and don't hesitate to ask questions :dwf: "willkommen"
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Members of DWF