It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:14

help!!! Looking for a vintage LED watch

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

yourgirl

help!!! Looking for a vintage LED watch

Post17 Nov 2007, 05:36

Okay, this may seem like a really odd search but I'm in need of helping locating someone willing to sell a very specific vintage LED watch. Back in the 1970's there was a LED watch advertised in Hustler Magazine. It was a gold style LED watch possibly made by Uranus or Hughes Aircraft (so I've read) but it did something very unique. You could push one of the accessory buttons and a message would scroll across the face of the watch. Please remember this watch was in HUSTLER so the message was rather risque. The message read "Time to F*&#" Hopefully you can fill in the blanks.

My husband saw this ad in Hustler when he was a teenager and the memory of the watch has stuck with him for years. We recently laughed over it and I would love to find one to buy him for Christmas as a funny present.

Does anyone have this watch and if so would you like to sell it.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

: help!!! Looking for a vintage LED watch

Post19 Nov 2007, 01:05

I am no Hustler magazine reader and in the seventies i would have been to young anyways, so i have not seen that advert.

There is a handfull of LED watches that had a built-in message, often "Lets F*ck" "Time to F*ck". Hughes Aircraft was afaik the only manufacturer to ever make a programmable module so the user could set his own text.

I have one of the legendary "Lets F*ck" hard-coded message watches as well as a good condition programmable one. If you're interested in trading then please drop me a message.

4840z

: help!!! Looking for a vintage LED watch

Post03 Jan 2008, 10:27

I think this is what you are looking for

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Old-Vintage-Digit ... dZViewItem

Return to Watches and Parts Needed