It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:10

BULOVA N6 COMPUTRON HELP PLEASE??????

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

rayr0683

BULOVA N6 COMPUTRON HELP PLEASE??????

Post20 Nov 2007, 17:14

Hello All,
Could someone out there who may have some advice or ideas, with knowledge of the Bulova N6 Computron LED Watch, please respond to my above post? This is LED, Not Drivers Model, but I am looking for resources, to help bring it to spec, tuneup, etc....Is there any known websites with info on this watch? Is it possible for me to find a NOS Case for it? Or have the case and crystal polished out nicely? Also, how are these Modules in terms of accuracy? Were they considered good, better than say National Semiconductor, or Hughes Aircraft modules? How do they rate with Pulsar, or Hamilton Led Moduloes? The Module is a Computron N6, with 228 Cell. Is there any special recommened battery cells, in the 228 variety? Besides the cheap chinese ones I find on Cards at Flea Markets? I really need and appreciate any feedback, and links, or websites with info, not just photos. Thank You All Very Much, Ray

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: BULOVA N6 COMPUTRON HELP PLEASE??????

Post20 Nov 2007, 22:08

Ray,

Not an expert on modules but just be patient on the responses. I have noticed that this forum goes in spurts.

The module you have will take silver oxide 357 batteries, it is not the same as the driver modules as they have the slanted led display and come in 6 and 4 digit models.

MOVEMENT:

Yours has a basic module: hour, minute, second, date and month in numeric and maybe day. Other than the ability to MAYBE repair missing led segments with silver epoxy and the swapping out the quartz crystal these modules are extremely problematic to repair. If your works and you keep it dry, corrosion free and swap out the batteries about every year depending on your usage it should last for quite awhile.

CASE
A photo would help but the Bulova gold plated and base metal cases did not last long due to the type and thickness of plating. The stainless steel cases are more durable and desirable depending on the module. Cases can be replated provided the buttons are removed and then reinserted. Stainless cases are easy to resurface. If the crystal is mineral or glass it can be removed with a hot hair dryer or with the oven treatment (module removed!!!!!!!!). If plastic then there are many polishing compounds out there for plastic crystals. Search this site as there are many articles on case refininishing.

See this posting to see what can be involved in repair and restoration:

http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=2253

Hope this helps and I know others with more specific knowledge will fill in the blanks:

before and after:

after pictures of a replated Bulova driver case:

rayr0683

: BULOVA N6 COMPUTRON HELP PLEASE??????

Post21 Nov 2007, 17:13

Hello Geoff,

Thank you for replying to me. I dont have near the workbench that you have, but would like to bring it to as close to that kinda look as possible. I did post 2 photos, one of back, and one of front. I dont know why they arent showing up. That way you could see the watch. I saw them upload, but dont see them on my post. Thanks, Ray

Return to Watches and Parts Needed