It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:26

RUBBER WATCH GASKETS SOURCE??????

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

rayr0683

RUBBER WATCH GASKETS SOURCE??????

Post28 Nov 2007, 22:30

Hello,
Thanks for the support guys. I was wondering if anyone knows of a source, where I could get Gaskets for my LED Watch. There seems to be a Total of 3 Gaskets. One is the Main Module Gasket, for Caseback, and the other 2 are small Gaskets, that were wrapped around the Battery Cell Access Doors, or Screws. The cells are 228, so you know how small the gaskets are. Anyone know of sources for these Gaskets???? My particular watch is a Bulova Computron, N6-NON-DRIVER STYLE WATCH! Mine is the more Classice Space Look, in Stainless Steel, Flast on wrist style. Thank You, Ray

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: RUBBER WATCH GASKETS SOURCE??????

Post29 Nov 2007, 15:44

rayr0683 wrote:Hello,
Thanks for the support guys. I was wondering if anyone knows of a source, where I could get Gaskets for my LED Watch. There seems to be a Total of 3 Gaskets. One is the Main Module Gasket, for Caseback, and the other 2 are small Gaskets, that were wrapped around the Battery Cell Access Doors, or Screws. The cells are 228, so you know how small the gaskets are. Anyone know of sources for these Gaskets???? My particular watch is a Bulova Computron, N6-NON-DRIVER STYLE WATCH! Mine is the more Classice Space Look, in Stainless Steel, Flast on wrist style. Thank You, Ray

Every jeweler should have a large assortment of these as these are usually always replaced when servicing watches. Otherwise you could also buy a pack of these on ebay or watchmakers supply stores.

rayr0683

: RUBBER WATCH GASKETS SOURCE??????

Post03 Dec 2007, 07:38

Hello,
Thank you so much for your continuous replis to me, as you seem to be the only one trying to help me out here. But I was wondering if you ever got an assorted bag of gaskets from Ebay. Reason I ask is, Im not sure if any of the gaskets would be the small Battery Hatch gaskets? Or only assorted Caseback, larger gaskets? The gaskets that I need, are small, and they just set along the top of the hatch screw downs that hold the 228 cells in the back of the case. Thry are small, 2 of them, ant they can be removed with a dime or a slotted screwdriver. Most of my local jewelers dont have these small gaskets, or o rings, but only have the larger caseback rubber gaskets. I want to protect the battery compartments. Please reply. Thanks, Ray

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: RUBBER WATCH GASKETS SOURCE??????

Post03 Dec 2007, 15:30

Ray: Alternative here. Clean both case and cap threads, then put a thin layer of Vaseline ONLY on the case threads and put a nice bead of black silicone on the cap near the top of the threads. Screw the caps in only 1/2 to 3/4 a turn and let the silicone harden for a day or two. The Vaseline will keep the silicone from sticking to the case thread(a little Vaseline out onto the case back will make this neater. After you screw them down the first time, you can take a razor and carefully trim the excess away. Clean the Vaseline from the case threads with a cotton swab and a little alcohol for proper electrical transmission. :-)

Basically you are making a gasket.

Or try the plumbing department...lots of beatiful neaoprene o rings in all sizes.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Watches and Parts Needed