Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

Girard Perregaux drivers LED leather band/strap RQD

Post27 Apr 2010, 17:39

Hi

any chance anyone has a Girard Perregaux LED leather band/strap for sale?
for the said drivers LED watch,
or even advise on a possible replacement band?
(mine is the GP LED gold version)

cheers for help and info.

FG
Funkguy

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Girard Perregaux drivers LED leather band/strap RQD

Post27 Apr 2010, 18:21

Funky - maybe you have realized it(maybe not) but the front lug opening is different from the rear lug opening, by 2 mm. You generally will have to get a custom made band - taking the half from one band and half from another will be less than optimal. And may not fit through the buckle nicely. I sold one of those a while back and the buyer didn't want the band and wanted a deduction. It took a lot of arm-twisting to convince him that it was a custom band, very nice and cost almost $300. The case was the 18k gold plate so I gone with tan lizard over calfskin, fully edge stitched in matching thread, tapered with a blunt end(not sharp). The lug end of the band was notched in 3 mm on each side, so it mated to the case width wonderfully. Place in France made it...took 3-4 months but what a beauty. And of course, I had secured a solid gold GP buckle to put on the band. 8-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : Girard Perregaux drivers LED leather band/strap RQD

Post27 Apr 2010, 20:01

retroleds wrote:Funky - maybe you have realized it(maybe not) but the front lug opening is different from the rear lug opening, by 2 mm. You generally will have to get a custom made band - taking the half from one band and half from another will be less than optimal. And may not fit through the buckle nicely. I sold one of those a while back and the buyer didn't want the band and wanted a deduction. It took a lot of arm-twisting to convince him that it was a custom band, very nice and cost almost $300. The case was the 18k gold plate so I gone with tan lizard over calfskin, fully edge stitched in matching thread, tapered with a blunt end(not sharp). The lug end of the band was notched in 3 mm on each side, so it mated to the case width wonderfully. Place in France made it...took 3-4 months but what a beauty. And of course, I had secured a solid gold GP buckle to put on the band. 8-)

great info..cheers retroleds...$300 for a watch strap..
thats out of my league.
i will hunt around for alternative if possible.

FG
Funkguy

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post27 Apr 2010, 20:22

london_funk wrote:great info..cheers retroleds...$300 for a watch strap..
thats out of my league.
i will hunt around for alternative if possible.
FG
Uuh, more like $400 with postage and the gold buckle. But I sold it for $2500 with the box, so it was up there already. What's a few hundred more at that point? :lol: You may find a band that fits the wider lug that can be trimmed down 1mm on each side on the other end and it will be quite nice.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Apr 2010, 20:34

retroleds wrote: quite nice.

"quite nice" thanks Ed.lol

FG
Funkguy

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post27 Apr 2010, 22:16

london_funk wrote:
retroleds wrote: quite nice.

"quite nice" thanks Ed.lol

FG
How about "every bit as nice as a custom band". Consider that for many watches between $400 and $3000, the band represents about 1/5 of the value or more. P2 links at $25 each...it all starts to add up quickly. :x

Return to Watches and Parts Needed