Compu Chron Module-(Hughes)

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

LEDman7

Nerd

Nerd

Compu Chron Module-(Hughes)

Post30 May 2010, 22:10

Looking for a Hughes module to fit my Compu Chron...preferably a dot display if possible, but will settle for the later line display. Buttons at 2, 3 and 8 o'clock positions. Mine likes to play fast and slow games with me, so.....if anyone has an extra floating around that works I'd be a happy camper. I will also keep my eyes peeled as well.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

: Compu Chron Module-(Hughes)

Post30 May 2010, 22:36

Have you considered having the module repaired?
It could be a simple fix like a new QC or even just one of the contacts that need cleaning, if I remember correctly (from other threads) the contact in the battery well makes the timing circuit, I had a Hughes which would lose time due to this contact being dirty and a simple rub over with a fibre glass pen did the trick.

Found the previous thread (from Ed) - http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=3789&highlight=

Hughes......A side contact is used in the battery well where the negative side goes down, tapping off 1.5 volts just for the clock. If the module has a side contact like that and the [negative side down] battery falls out when you tip the watch over, the contact probably isn't making good enough contact. Gently bend the tp of the contact to strike the battery side better, problem solved(usually).

LEDman7

Nerd

Nerd

: Compu Chron Module-(Hughes)

Post31 May 2010, 04:02

Thanks for the tips! I love this forum!!.....I've got my fingers crossed and my toes too! Hehehehehheheee...ohh I forgot to mention this.....last night i was fooling around with the trimmer and by George I think I've got it where it needs to be!! finally.....it been running strong for almost 22 hours straight....without a time loss, this is since I got it almost a week ago I've been playing with this watch trying to get it to run right and Piotr from Crazy Watches told me about temperature changes on the wrist could affect the fine wires inside the module.....so just as a precaution, I got the idea to take some left over Moleskin I used to line the edges of my knee brace with so it wouldn't dig into my skin so much....I have tendonitis in my right knee so I have to wear a brace now and then anyway I took some Moleskin that i had left over set aside and I took my cirlcle template from my drawing class at college (I'm studying to become a graphic designer) I took the circle template and matched the right size circle with the diameter of the watch case back and I drew out my circle on the moleskin and cut it out and peeled back the paper that covers the adhesive side and then applied my moleskin circle to the battery cover of the watch......I'm thinking that any warmth from my skin will be absorbed into the moleskin and not the battery cover.......so far I have had no problems......you might all want to cross your fingers and toes too in support of me because I have grown very fond of this watch and I hope I can avoid repair if at all possible but if need be then I will send my 'baby' to the watch doctor to have an operation that will make him better! I love this forum....how everyone helps or trys to help each other out.....I'm glad I found it when I did, kind of by accident actually but I wish I would have known about it sooner! I will let you know how C.C. is doing as time goes by, thanks for all the tips and support......I'm not ruling out a new module or at least a rebuilt or reconditioned one yet......I'll just have to wait and see what it does in the days ahead.......don't try to keep your toes crossed when you walk you might fall on your face....just keep the fingers crossed while walking and you can re-cross your toes when you resume sitting!!! LOL![/i]

Return to Watches and Parts Needed