Button Hatches For Accurist LED

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Button Hatches For Accurist LED

Post25 Jun 2013, 21:26

As title, need two screw down button hatches for a mens Accurist LED watch.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Re: Button Hatches For Accurist LED

Post10 Jul 2013, 03:13

which model? a picture would help as it might be a generic watch with Accurist branding
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post11 Jul 2013, 13:38

Hi Piotr, its the model seen here http://www.ledwatches.net/photo-pages/accurist3.htm I did try buttons from a couple of generic cases I have but the thread was different so they wont screw down.

P.S. did you get my reply on fb with the photos?

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post11 Jul 2013, 21:29

hi Richard,
thanks for the link, to me this one appears to be a generic Hughes in a Japanese case but when I look closer it says "Case made in Switzerland" which is uncommon.
Unfortunately I don't have one like this but please measure the diameter of the thread and maybe somebody will have one at hand.

on FB...I'm not getting messages on new posts for some reason.
just had a look and the case could be hammered back to some extent and rebrushed however the hole will still be visible.
laser welding is to expensive although would come practically unnoticed.

if you need a magician with super expensive tools and machines in the UK please check this link:
http://www.watchworks.co.uk/index.php/about-us
a fully restored case costs roughly 300$ and might vary and I have seen completely trashed Rolex and Omega cases that this guy restored to NOS condition with laser welding and factory starburst brushing. it makes sense with a 1000$ so not so sure if it's affordable for cheaper makes.
you can find various posts from happy watch collectors on WUS.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post11 Jul 2013, 22:24

I wouldn't want to go that far with it, to be honest the watch will probably be sold once refurbed so I need to keep the cost down as much as possible, and as I said it doesn't effect the fitting of the bracelet at all so what is behind where the bracelet attaches is not really so important.

Return to Watches and Parts Needed