Replacement for Hughes module for Octagon face Compu Chron

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

LEDman793

Geek

Geek

Replacement for Hughes module for Octagon face Compu Chron

Post07 Feb 2014, 07:06

Please excuse me but I don't know how to post images on here just yet. I have a stainless steel Compu Chron that has a octagon shaped face and a light blue module that has a button about 2:00 and another recessed button at about 7:00. When I look through my magnfying glass at the front of the module, it appears that one of the LED squares has a crack in it. If I knew how to post images on here it would be better to see exactly what I'm trying to describe. The module isn't lighting up at all. Help!

Example Photo.
Example.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My life would never be the same without the soft warm glow of happily shining LEDs!

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Replacement for Hughes module for Octagon face Compu Chr

Post07 Feb 2014, 17:06

If you look at the bottom of the page that you type your posts in you will see a tab marked up as 'Upload attachment', click on that tab then click the 'Choose File' button, select your photo by double clicking then press the 'Add The File' button and your photo will upload.

I have uploaded an example photo onto your post so you will be able to see what I have done by clicking the edit button.

Your module sounds like it is going to need replacing, a crack is not usually a good sign.

LEDman793

Geek

Geek

Post08 Feb 2014, 05:39

Hi! Its me again with the Compu Chron...I'm going to attempt to include some images for everyone to see..hope it works this time. :-D Wow - cool it has seemed to work succesfully, the placement of the images. Does anyone know who or where I can get a replacement module for this one? Thanks in advance! :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My life would never be the same without the soft warm glow of happily shining LEDs!

LEDman793

Geek

Geek

Post10 Feb 2014, 06:21

Does anyone know how or where i can get a replacement module for the above watch?

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Feb 2014, 13:41

It might be worth keeping an eye out on eBay for an old battered example to use as a donor.

From what I see the module is the smaller Hughes 25mm with the set button at the 7 o'clock position (?) this module was used in a variety of different cases so keep a look out for watches with the same button layout.

Return to Watches and Parts Needed