It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:24

Wanted: Pulsar 'Greenie' crystal

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

• Location: The Royal County of Berkshire, UK. Where the Queen of England Lives :)

Wanted: Pulsar 'Greenie' crystal

Post10 Dec 2014, 15:56

Yes I know, I have no chance!

Still, I'm willing to pay top dollar for a very clean example. I'd stretch to the case and wrist band too if that was the requirement. I've recently purchased a functional 'Greenie' minus crystal and buttons off fleabay recently but now my search begins to turn this into a beautiful example.

Oh yes, the proper box for it would also be a bonus :)

I await the :nikolaus: M:)W:)M no chance replies :bye:

Also, and once again, can somebody give Bruce a gentle nudge and ask him to update me on my P2 repair which he's had for several months now and I really needed it back in time for Christmas :-( Sadly, he seems to be ignoring my begs for an update via all sources of email (PM'd from this forum/ emailed his gmail account (Bruce recommended this method) and via Ebay messaging), I've yet to try carrier pigeon and smoke signals. :scratch:

PG101

Techie

Techie

Re: Wanted: Pulsar 'Greenie' crystal

Post10 Dec 2014, 21:39

This guy seems to be in constant contact with Bruce Wegmann, maybe give him a try? http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=7541

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

• Location: The Royal County of Berkshire, UK. Where the Queen of England Lives :)

Post10 Dec 2014, 23:58

PG101 wrote:This guy seems to be in constant contact with Bruce Wegmann, maybe give him a try? http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=7541

I must of done something wrong in a previous life :scratch:

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post04 Jan 2015, 13:13

Bruce came good, my watch arrived 24th december. :-D

I was expecting the watch with new module fitted plus the original module having been fixed (which is what I paid for!). What I actually got was the watch plus TWO modules, i'm assuming one is the original module which couldn't be fixed so Bruce included a second 'modern' one. However I'm guessing as Bruce didn't include a quick note to let me know :scratch:

Anyway.. I got my watch back in time for Christmas, Thank you Bruce.

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post06 Jan 2015, 17:17

I'm toying with the idea of going down the 3D printing route of obtaining a greenie crystal although it'll hardly be a crystal then. Of course, I wouldn't be producing one, Id probably produce a dozen or so. Having spoken to a company that makes bespoke items it is clearly doable although the initial costs may well put me off.

As I've never actually seen a crystal for the greenie, can anyone let me know the thickness (I'm guessing about 1.0 - 1.2mm)

Ideally a mould (soap, plastercine etc) of a 'real' greenie crystal would be hugely advantageous :amen: so If there are any kindly owners out there who happen to have any info, please let me know.

Thanks
Neil

Return to Watches and Parts Needed