Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Broken 25mm Hughes Aircraft module

Post20 Dec 2014, 16:07

Hello members,

I am in need of a broken 25mm Hughes Aircraft module like the one below for a customers project who wants his Compuchron back working again. Could anybody help me? The plastic module holder would do it

Thank you, Hanno.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: Broken 25mm Hughes Aircraft module

Post22 Dec 2014, 13:13

Hi Hanno Is it just the holder you want? does the colour matter?

I'll have a rummage through before I clear my table for Xmas. ;-)
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post22 Dec 2014, 13:34

Hi dude is this what your looking for?
25 mm hughs US for Hanno.jpg

PM me your address and I'll pop it in a padded bag to you. Rapeeeeedo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post23 Dec 2014, 01:00

She's on her way my friend, left me today at 15.49 pm
Looks as though someone else is in need of one too. :scratch:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-SS-CONCO ... 2eb677dc4e

What do you think??
:rtfm: don't put 357's in a 25mm Hughes.. !@@!

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post23 Dec 2014, 09:01

That´s very kind! With this module we can make a 70s Compuchron alive again. Great that we have very helpful people over here. Charger from Australia offered a module, too. :Prost:

Yes, the one at ebay needs a new Hughes as well. But at USD 299.- I am not sure if he finds a buyer for his broken watch.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post23 Dec 2014, 17:06

Hanno It's no biggy really, you are more than welcome.
Glad to have been of assistance. let me know when you have received it. :Prost:

spinchb

Geek

Geek

Post25 Dec 2014, 13:24

Hi Jagmad,

I'd be the customer in question! I sent Hanno a NOS Compu Chron case with no module. Thanks a lot for the carrier! It's going to a good home. ;-) Another vintage watch resurrected thanks to the endeavours of Hanno. :-)

I was just emailing him that I have lots of watches with the bigger 2 button Hughes modules that are starting to act up and die. Flaky quartz crystals seems to be the main issue. It's a pain the QC is a crazy frequency. It's great that he's made a solution for these. There's some really nice Compu Chron cases out there. :-)

Happy Holidays!
Shawn

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post26 Dec 2014, 15:59

spinchb wrote:Hi Jagmad,

I'd be the customer in question! I sent Hanno a NOS Compu Chron case with no module. Thanks a lot for the carrier! It's going to a good home. ;-) Another vintage watch resurrected thanks to the endeavours of Hanno. :-)

I was just emailing him that I have lots of watches with the bigger 2 button Hughes modules that are starting to act up and die. Flaky quartz crystals seems to be the main issue. It's a pain the QC is a crazy frequency. It's great that he's made a solution for these. There's some really nice Compu Chron cases out there. :-)

Happy Holidays!
Shawn

Not a problem as I said. Any friend of Hanno's is a friend of mine. :Hi:
Hanno :call:
Is there a crystal fix for the Hughes other than harvesting QC's from broken modules. :?:

Your quite right about the Compu Chron Shawn. ;-)
In box.JPG

In box.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spinchb

Geek

Geek

Post15 Jan 2015, 08:32

Nice ones! The Compu Chron you show looks like the same model Hanno made me a module for. I just waiting for the mail to arrive. :-) I like the Rado too! I should upload a photo or two of some of my Compu Chrons. When I find a minute...

Cheers,
Shawn

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post15 Jan 2015, 15:16

Hi Shawn be great if you could post a pic of it when she lands. :pics:

Hanno I asked a question about the Qc on the hughes above. :call:
is there ant oither way of of fixing a US Qc other than harvesting :?: Anyone :call:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post15 Jan 2015, 19:07

Due to the unique frequency of the Hughes QC's, which are no longer produced, I think recycling old working ones is the only way to do it - unless you elect to go for a SASM module instead.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post15 Jan 2015, 23:56

Well there are programmable oscillators available, so that you can basically do more or less any frequency. The question is why programming an oscillator module if you can replace the main module? I mean the Hughes modules are not known for their reliability and at least with the new SASM57 (=25mm Hughes module) you can wear your watch with new standard technique for years to come.

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

• Location: The Royal County of Berkshire, UK. Where the Queen of England Lives :)

Post16 Jan 2015, 17:47

SASM wrote:Well there are programmable oscillators available, so that you can basically do more or less any frequency. The question is why programming an oscillator module if you can replace the main module? I mean the Hughes modules are not known for their reliability and at least with the new SASM57 (=25mm Hughes module) you can wear your watch with new standard technique for years to come.

I just managed to do the idiotic thing of finding a perfectly working Hughes 25mm module and placing the wrong sized batteries in it. that modules is now dead with a cracked board. Live and learn I guess :( :cry:

I may go down the SASM57 route if I don't find another one soon.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post16 Jan 2015, 21:08

Retroriley wrote:
SASM wrote:Well there are programmable oscillators available, so that you can basically do more or less any frequency. The question is why programming an oscillator module if you can replace the main module? I mean the Hughes modules are not known for their reliability and at least with the new SASM57 (=25mm Hughes module) you can wear your watch with new standard technique for years to come.

I just managed to do the idiotic thing of finding a perfectly working Hughes 25mm module and placing the wrong sized batteries in it. that modules is now dead with a cracked board. Live and learn I guess :( :cry:

I may go down the SASM57 route if I don't find another one soon.

You did WHAT. :bang: :bang: !@@! !@@! !@@!

Although admitting it is probably as bad. M:)W:)M ;-) ;-)

Remember guys " Batteries kill modules"
Sometimes when your putting them in, but most of the time when you don't take them out.

Unless it's a Hughes then it seems it's the other way around. ;-)
Re. Polara S/S
(I posted a pic of it titled Good bad and the ugly here) viewtopic.php?f=72&t=7535&start=66
It's the last post at the mo, (bottom of page 4) ish. (they could well have been the original cells from 1976)
it is also, probably the worst case of battery crud that I have ever got working again, ever.. :-D

:dwf: :dwf: :dwf:

spinchb

Geek

Geek

Post02 Feb 2015, 10:20

Here's my SASM 57 fitted Compu Chron. It's working great!

Return to Watches and Parts Needed