HP 01 rubber key pad needed

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

HP 01 rubber key pad needed

Post12 Aug 2015, 13:29

:Hi: All I think I need a rubber key pad plate for my HP 01.
Apparently Old Tom says it looks like something has caused a swelling at the bottom.
He has cleaned/treated it and it's better but still causes problems when warmed on the wrist. :sad:
If anyone can help please PM me.
Many thanks Pete

:dwf:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: HP 01 rubber key pad needed

Post12 Aug 2015, 18:05

Short answer, no they do not exist.

I have tried twice, to remove them from old unsalvageable cases. They are glued in place by something other then contact cement or epoxy. Mild heat does not soften the glue and harsher heat deforms the pad. The pad itself is sectioned into squares with raised borders. Each square corresponds to a key with a square base which fit into the sections on the pad.

That is why, when diassembling the watch a firm insert must be placed inside the case to 'back' the rubber pad in place preventing the keys from rotating out of position. See this posting (viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2253).

Now back to your problem, I have 6 working out of ten bad non working examples. Most exhibited the swelled rubber pad due to aging(?) and possibly solvent exposure (after shave, perfumes, using solvents while wearing the watch...). By placing the module in the case then using the module retaining screw ring I was able to flatten the pad against the keyboard resulting in no key press contact issues.

So what exactly is the key issue, maybe a keypad wash and application of a small drop of deoxit on the key pad (not the rubber pad) will help.

Geoff

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: HP 01 rubber key pad needed

Post12 Aug 2015, 19:32

Hi Geoff :Hi:
Many thanks for the quick response. Although it's Old Tom who needs to read it.
I'll give him a nudge to see if it's of assistance.
:Prost: again Pete
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Return to Watches and Parts Needed