WTB: Pulsar battery spacers

Put wanted items here, please.
  • Author

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

WTB: Pulsar battery spacers

Post19 Dec 2015, 11:53

Looking for a decent price on a pair of spacers. The shipping on ebay is too high. I'm in Canada.

Thanks!

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: WTB: Pulsar battery spacers

Post19 Dec 2015, 20:35

Mine ARE the best out there...unfortunately, I have no control over postal rates. Most of my foreign customers buy multiple sets, to defray the per-set cost of shipping.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post20 Dec 2015, 16:42

I've always just made my own from a piece of clear rubber tubing, does exactly the same job.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post20 Dec 2015, 22:50

richard_uk wrote:I've always just made my own from a piece of clear rubber tubing, does exactly the same job.

Me too, not much to look at but they do the job, and do battery spaces really need to look sexy?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post21 Dec 2015, 01:18

You can also stick pennies in a fuse box...that works, too. And yes, when I open up a $500 or $1000 timepiece, I expect to see something other than some cobbled-up piece of stuff bodged in there...it's an insult to the watch. As a collector, it's something I would never do, out of respect for the quality that Time Computer, Omega, and Hamilton invested in their products.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post21 Dec 2015, 07:54

M:)W:)M

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post21 Dec 2015, 18:02

"I expect to see something other than some cobbled-up piece of stuff bodged in there...it's an insult to the watch"

To try to tell us that pretty looking plastic spacers do any better of a job than a simple slice of rubber tubing is an insult to our intelligence (Imo).

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post21 Dec 2015, 18:10

richard_uk wrote:"I expect to see something other than some cobbled-up piece of stuff bodged in there...it's an insult to the watch"

To try to tell us that pretty looking plastic spacers do any better of a job than a simple slice of rubber tubing is an insult to our intelligence (Imo).

the pretty looking plastic spaces just look like clear plastic tubing cut into sections to me :scratch: :lol:

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post21 Dec 2015, 18:23

Oops I thought those were rubber tubing, but yeah like you said they look the same anyway. In over 10 years of collecting LEDs I don't remember a single person ever asking me to show them the inside of a watch.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post21 Dec 2015, 18:34

The clear ones are horrific - I wish I could treat my Pulsars to some nice professional black ones :grin1: !@@!

Ole Joe

Geek

Geek

Post21 Dec 2015, 19:51

bucko170 wrote:The clear ones are horrific - I wish I could treat my Pulsars to some nice professional black ones :grin1: !@@!

You too can have the "professional" and beautiful black battery spacers for only $9.00 US + $4.00 shipping. No handling charge either!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Time-Computer-P ... ekW1Sb24hw

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post26 Oct 2020, 16:13

richard_uk wrote:"I expect to see something other than some cobbled-up piece of stuff bodged in there...it's an insult to the watch"

The tubing usually fits the battery tight, the battery hole loose. So they can bind.
The tubing is usually too short to help prevent tipping of the battery, so contact becomes dodgy.
My custom turned ones slide on the battery like a well-lubed virgin.
They fit the battery holes only moderately loose and have a nice bevel/chamfer at the one end to effectuate not binding on the radius in the negative-down hole.
The height is just right to let the battery poke out about .5mm while preventing much tipping.
Tubing isn't terrible, but a close to perfect fit is better.
I think Bruce and i are justifiably proud of our products - although, I contest his assertation that his are the best. :lol:
MIne: $6 on ebay, free USA ship. $4 on my site but flat shipping of $8.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Watches and Parts Needed