It is currently 14 May 2024, 08:55

What did they call this Hamilton? Thoughts on price.

Private Sales - NO EBAY
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

What did they call this Hamilton? Thoughts on price.

Post24 Feb 2006, 17:09

Picked this up on ebay a while back...a trailing bidder has been after me to sell it. It is almost mint, did need a new module(done). And that is a large faced, Man's - big chunk of bling. Any thoughts on a reasonable price.
I know, you either love the look or hate it. Not MY cup o' tea.
http://www.shimmeringimage.com/images/H ... ypants.jpg
Last edited by retroleds on 10 Mar 2006, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: What did they call this Hamilton? Thoughts on price.

Post24 Feb 2006, 18:15

Nice, but without the matching module it is probably worth less than a doughnut. Well in working condition its a quite cool watch, I like it as the design is kinda "out of the ordinary". Oh for a price? Absolutely unsure. Maybe a Hamilton collector would pay like 100 bucks for it? Got no idea. Always depends on how many people want that watch. If you have box and manual, then add a bit to the price. Sorry, just guessing, putting a pricetag on a vintage watch is always quite hard.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post24 Feb 2006, 18:50

If I really liked the look of a watch, and it's in excellent, and working, condition, I could certainly see myself paying $200. In fact i've just done that with another Hamilton. If the module is not Hamilton, yeah that'll bring the price down, but if it is, I wouldn't personally be that bothered. To me this will only be a big factor if we're talking rare models that I want to be 100% authentic, even then i'd make exceptions - synchronar. Sorry, this one isn't my cup of tea, but the other collector seems to want it. If I was selling to a non DWF member, i'd probably come in with a higher price than I wanted and let them negotiate down, so we're both happy.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post24 Feb 2006, 23:23

Appreciate the thoughts guys...I thought some die-hard Hamilton fan would look at an old brochure and say,"dude, it's the Cyclops II model". I'll probably tell him $350 with a Hamilton box. Not really a hefty model, and it's only 10k gold, which looks a little cheap, IMHO.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post10 Mar 2006, 16:00

Yup, popped that critter for $360 flat, me eating the postage.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post10 Mar 2006, 21:48

So the moral of that story could be, consider the advice of others, but ultimately go with your own instinct. Nice deal little1up, how do you fancy trying to sell a couple of watches for me :D Ok, i'm not after an answer to that one, think it'd be better to learn by my own mistakes.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post10 Mar 2006, 22:04

I did have to put 1.5-2 hours into working on it, replace the module, screw around with placement of module(notch in case vs. "key" on module, left display like 1/4 degree off....screwy,screwy). I wish I had a before picture of this other "bling" one that came out of an odd lot bag from a few months ago...looked like someone had barfed on it,rolled it in mud and let it dry for 30+ years :oops: . It's damn near flawless now, but I probably have 5 hours into it. Oh well, it keeps me away from the public :lol:

h00hbt

Techie

Techie

Post10 Mar 2006, 23:37

little1up wrote:I did have to put 1.5-2 hours into working on it, replace the module, screw around with placement of module(notch in case vs. "key" on module, left display like 1/4 degree off....screwy,screwy). I wish I had a before picture of this other "bling" one that came out of an odd lot bag from a few months ago...looked like someone had barfed on it,rolled it in mud and let it dry for 30+ years :oops: . It's damn near flawless now, but I probably have 5 hours into it. Oh well, it keeps me away from the public :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

/H

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post11 Aug 2006, 18:28

I'm currently selling one like this:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1
Olivier
The eye of the master,
Does more than bote his hands.

L'oeil du ma?tre
Fait mieux que ses deux mains.

Return to For Sale