WTB: Omega SensorQuartz stainless steel

Private Sales - NO EBAY
  • Author

pocketcalculatorshow

Nerd

Nerd

WTB: Omega SensorQuartz stainless steel

Post24 Jul 2006, 21:49

I'd like to find the silver version of the Omega Sensor LCD watch in nice condition. It's known as the SensorQuartz, cal. 1640. Looking to purchase one, no box or instructions necessary, I also have a few rare LCD watches I'd consider trading. Seen the gold version on eBay but not the silver one so I thought someone might have one they'd like to sell.

Thanks!

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Re: WTB: Omega SensorQuartz stainless steel

Post25 Jul 2006, 07:40

Pocket - I sold a gold Sensor on ebay last year, got ?600 / $1000 for it I think. But I have never seen an SS one. I guess they must exist though.

Below is a pic of the sensor for those that dont know what we're talking about ! The +/- bar is a touch sensitive area for sliding your finger back and forth to control various functions. I think Tissot and others did something similar at the time.

pocketcalculatorshow

Nerd

Nerd

Post25 Jul 2006, 17:17

Thanks for the reply, diginut. Looks like yours was in like new condition--very nice indeed.

You're right--Tissot did release one of these as part of their F1 line, it was matte black and had the F1 logo printed across the finger sensor area. I wouldn't mind owning that one, either!

I've recently heard the build quality around this model is shabby so I guess I'll need to be careful.

Cheers

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jul 2006, 16:38

The SS version definitely exists, just take a look at the official Omega Website:

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=499

However, it seems to be quite rare compared to the gold plated version.

markos

Nerd

Nerd

Post26 Jul 2006, 19:05

Very nice watch, never seen one like that before. Nice shot A ? Diginut :wink: This is just like being somewhere else!

Good luck pocket, I think it may be tough search though. If anyone has a pic of the Tissot please post it up. I had a 'F1' Tissot that I sold on a few years back, T4 I think, but bar the box, there was no 'F1' marking on it at all. Was Tissot sponsoring Formula 1 at the time?

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post27 Jul 2006, 17:07

Yes, the "F1" was called that way to celebrate Tissots role as sponsor and official timekeeper for the Formula 1.

Source: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/clocks ... /index.htm

(Look at the entry for the year 1978)

markos

Nerd

Nerd

Post28 Jul 2006, 11:43

Thanks for that fronzel.

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Post28 Jul 2006, 15:10

I've dug through my various LCD's and found 3 Tissot LCDs from 1978 onwards, and taken a picture of them, just for you lot :)

It seems I do have one Tissot F1 Sensor, but as you can see its not in very good condition with a chipped glass. I remember buying this off a well known ebay mass watch seller using a fuzzy photo. It full works including the slider sensor, but I was hoping that it would be better than it was :(

It appears functionally identical to the Omega Sensor, and looks like its the same module packaged differently.

I also have another minty Tissot F1 LCD Ana Digi Chronograph alarm with loads more features than I can figure out. Note that the F1 logo is reflective and difficult to photograph and on this particular versions it is not a sliding sensor pad.

Hope you find this of interest. You dont see these watches everday .

markos

Nerd

Nerd

Post28 Jul 2006, 15:21

Very nice Digi, the one with the sensor, that wasn't off the seller whose name begins with a 'v' was it??

If that was in good nick that would one very nice watch, I like the design of it.

I had an almost identical version to the one on the right. In fact I had that one with the bevelled edges and sent it back as the pic showed one with smoothed edges which I much preferred, T4 vs T5 if I'm correct (or TX4??). Really complex watch to set that one, though I did have some photocopied instructions that helped.

Love the one with the orange face, is it slimmer than the T5? Very nice indeed.

Diginut

Techie

Techie

Post28 Jul 2006, 15:46

Yup the orange faced F1 chrono is a noticably slimmer that the other one. Its in excellent condition, and cost me a fortune. Ive never seen another since, but they must exist.

The Tissot F1 sensor was bought from an ebayer beginning with K, not V.

V seems to have a good feedback record, but I just wish he'd stop asking daft opening prices and most of all ... use a sodding proper digital camera instead of a really crap mobile phone camera. arrgghhh. Even his name conjurs up images of a dodgy geezer from essex in a white van loaded up with hundreds of knockofs and other tasteful bling of dubious origin. Lovely chubbly.

markos

Nerd

Nerd

Post28 Jul 2006, 15:53

How long ago did you get the orange one Digi? Glad to hear it's slimmer, I think it's better for it as the other is quite a weighty, big piece.

That should be one of the jewels of your collection, though with your collection I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

Actually, here's a question Digi, what are your favourite LCD and LED watches?... :)

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post29 Jul 2006, 03:12

I love the orange coloured F1. I agree, they don't come up too often. About 2 years back a swiss seller, who seems to specallise in NOS or mint, (unsupprisingly) Swiss, watches, had one up for auction. I dropped out of the bidding at ~?125 as I wasn't so into LCD's then. Think it only went for a few pounds more, well thats one the many that got away :)

Incidentally, it wouldn't supprise me if the Tissot sensor module is the same as Omega's, because Tissot and Omega have a long association together. I seem to recall reading that Tissot was Omega's mass market brand, even before the big 80's consolidation that's bunched many of the famous Swiss makes into one group. I did also read that the module used in the Tissot 'Two timer' watches (vaguely similar to the F1's) was the same as one used by Breitling! If true, that would be quite a statement on the quality of Tissot's.

PS A disclaimer: I know i'm selling a Tissot at the moment, but information provided here is purely for the benefit of interested parties, and is in no way intended as a a subtle promotion of my own products :D

pocketcalculatorshow

Nerd

Nerd

Post29 Jul 2006, 03:25

Thanks for the reply and the photos, diginut! Very nice collection of Tissots.

Return to For Sale