It is currently 01 May 2024, 01:16

FS: Bulova Accuquartz N4 - Quartz-controlled tuning fork!

Private Sales - NO EBAY
  • Author

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

FS: Bulova Accuquartz N4 - Quartz-controlled tuning fork!

Post01 Sep 2015, 14:45

As I need to make space (and need money for extraordinary expenses I have to face), I (reluctantly) have to put for sale my Bulova Accuquartz from 1974. The watch is in good conditions with light scratches due to daily usage. Every part (bracelet, crown and crystal) is original and the watch is fitted with a new 344 silver oxide battery and keeps very good time. The Accuquartz was the first Bulova's quartz watch, inspired by the CEH Beta 21. Indeed, like the Beta 21, the Accuquartz uses the tuning fork as a sort of stepping motor, and its accuracy is regulated by the quartz oscillator. Bulova was one of the companies involved in the CEH consortium but due to the excessive production costs of the Beta 21 movement, they pulled out of it, making their own Beta 21-like movement by using what they already had in-house: the Bulova 218 calibre (which was partially modified). So, the Accuquartz hums and sweeps like a traditional Accutron, except its accuracy is superior due to the presence of the quartz oscillator.

As I said, the watch is in good conditions for its age, the dial doesn't have stains nor scratches, the calendar works well and changes istantaneously day (in Italian language only) and date at midnight, and the quickset of the day of the month works as well.

The watch is for sale at 200 Euros with free tracked shipping. Payment with Paypal or Bank Transfer.

The price is negotiable so feel free to make me an offer! I ship only to EU countries.

If you're interested, you can send me a PM or an email at my address: meisteranker@outlook.com

Here are the pictures of the watch:

Last edited by vpn on 18 Sep 2015, 21:41, edited 2 times in total.

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Re: FS: Bulova Accuquartz N4 - Quartz-controlled tuning fork

Post13 Sep 2015, 22:00

Bump, price reduced to 230 euros including shipping.
Image Image

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post18 Sep 2015, 21:41

Bump, price reduced to €200 including shipping. The price is negotiable so make me an offer! It's a very beautiful tuning fork watch, regulate by a quartz crystal. Not a solution you see everywhere! It sweeps and hums like an Accutron. :-D
Image Image

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post17 Dec 2015, 16:28

Bump, the watch is still available. Make me an offer.
Image Image

Return to For Sale