[FS] Avia Quartz/Optel DSM watches plus parts

Private Sales - NO EBAY
  • Author

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

[FS] Avia Quartz/Optel DSM watches plus parts

Post02 Feb 2024, 16:58

Hello everyone. As the title says, I'm honored to offer you (individually) lots of Avia Quartz digital watches featuring the legendary DSM LCD modules made by Optel Corp. of Princeton, NJ, the company that has made the first LCD watch ever. Do you want to wear a piece of history? Now you can! 11 of these beauties are available for sale, both with steady digits or flashing ones, they work well and keep time. But like every old watch, they come with no warranty and require lots of care. You don't go playing airsoft wearing that precious old DSM! The watches come with panels in two grades. A grade are the best panels, bright and crisp, while B grade ones have slightly degraded but working panels.

The watches are offered for €450 plus shipping costs (per watch). B grade watches, instead, are offered for €300 plus shipping costs (per watch). I also have various parts available, such as spare cases with gaskets, battery hatches (most of those with gaskets), screws, display retainers and panels, although the panels need to be specifically matched to modules, since each one has a different electrical resistance.

One watch has an "SP" mark which means "Special One". The Avia brand has been misprinted in a way that it shouldn't even have passed QC, but it did, somehow. This watch is unique, so it's offered for €650 plus shipping costs, due to its rarity and unicity. You won't find another Avia with such a noticeable print error!

Payment can be made either with PayPal or Bank Transfer and I can ship either in Monday or Thursday. Here is a picture of the watches available for sale. The ones with the letter F have flashing digits, the ones with the B one have B grade panels, while the BF one has a flashing digits module with a B grade panel. If you want one, just pick a watch from the lot and either send me a PM or send me an email to my address: meistank1@gmail.com

Let's give these beautiful watches the love of a collector! :-D

Return to For Sale