Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

simone

Guru

Guru

Casio F-200

Post04 Jul 2015, 22:16

Bought on ebay last week circa as not working, and it was :scratch:
The board was free of battery leackage,just only tape residues, but nothing else ~:(
Anyway after the usual cleaning operation the watch refuse to work,no light no digits...maybe it was really dead.
I passed hour and hour to try to understand the problem....and finally thanks to Adam :call: i found the solution....there was a missing battery connector!!!!Ok ok but where i can find a replace for this watch....rarely this Casio came up on Ebay :scratch: ...Adam told me to try a module 31 connector so my crazy shacking hands started searching this one in my Casio spares :fool: ...nothing,damn...So i decided to try a Casio 35qr-23 connector: incredible it fits well!!
The final steps was to put in a fresh 392 and the watch lights up immediatly :grin1:

I fixed the board issue but now a second problem should be solved: one front button was broken so i used a liquid metal by Saratoga to rebuild the final part including the O ring ...a long job and a long dry time (24 hour circa)..
Now all functions and buttons work as they should....The band is not original cause is unbranded but i decided to keep it (also cleaned with isopropilic alchool to makes it soften).
It only needs a crystal replacement,but this is another story...maybe one day.

Casio F-200,released 1978 (according to the library)

IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some watches are made to last only as long as they are fashionable
Some watches, simply are not made to last
Seiko watches are designed to withstand the ravages of both time and fashion
Someday perhaps, all watches will be made this way

simone

Guru

Guru

Re: Casio F-200

Post04 Jul 2015, 22:18

Here the rebuilded back front button and the donor connector....

IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

:dwf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Post06 Jul 2015, 09:38

Very interesting, what is liquid metal? I've never come across this before.

simone

Guru

Guru

Post06 Jul 2015, 12:32

Power Epoxy Metal Repair gives you the super strong bonding power you need for almost any material. Not only does it dry quickly ~:( but it won’t expand or shrink when curing. Resistant to water, oil and common solvents, Power Epoxy Metal Repair can be used both outdoors and indoors and you can also paint, sand, polish and even drill it...

Tips and tricks:
Even if you work with the utmost precision, some Power Epoxy can still go where you don’t want it to go. In this case use ethanol, or any other universal solvent, to clean any adhesive remains before it hardens.

Once hardened:

Even professionals sometimes make mistakes. Once hard, Power Epoxy glues can only be removed mechanically. The best tool to use when removing hardened epoxy is a scraper. ~:( ~:(

How to use:
1. Make sure surfaces are clean ;-) , dry and free of grease or dust. If you can, roughen the surfaces, so the bond is stronger.
2. Mix components at a ratio of 1:1. Squeeze equal amounts of component A and B out of the tubes and mix together until you only have one colour of adhesive.
3. Apply the double-component mixture to one of the surfaces and join to the other surface.
4. At room temperature, you have 4 minutes after mixing the components to join the surfaces. :grin1:
5. After 5 minutes, the bond is strong enough to allow for normal use again. You can exert stress after 2 hours, and objects are fully cured after 24 hours.

:dwf:

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Jul 2015, 17:02

Great restoration job, Simone!
And a very cool very early Casio plastic!

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post08 Jul 2015, 20:18

Nice work there, a very rare one :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches