It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:57

Seiko Dot-Matrix System Watch ?

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

Cushioncase24us

Seiko Dot-Matrix System Watch ?

Post27 Apr 2006, 17:34

:) Hi Everyone, Iam the new kid...on the block...Heres hoping someone might have some info: reguarding a purchase of a very nice "Seiko Dot-Matrix System watch" that scrolls the Time,Day-Date, like a Marquis - I have never come a vintage LCD-watch like it before. Here is the model num: D031-401 H and the serial num: DN0 886 I try to up-load some digital photos of this near N.O.S. watch. Any Information from someone within the forum -will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cusioncase24us anyone with interest can view this watch, at the sales page of The Pocketcalculatorshow.com - or- http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/forsale/watch.html It is the forth watch from the top of the page: and the listing title is as follows: Boxed 1980 Seiko D031 Dot-Matrix System Digital LCD Watch.
Cushioncase24us

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Seiko Dot-Matrix System Watch ?

Post27 Apr 2006, 20:04

I can't give you any info, just a freindly welcome to the forum :D I was seriously thinking about buying that watch too but decided against it just because I still tend to prefer LED's, but congratulatios on your purchase

dot matrix

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Post27 Apr 2006, 22:59

I think I bought one of these new back in the 80s. It's pretty beat-up, don't know whether or not it still works. I didn't use it much because the module kept slipping/rotating out of place so the display was always tilted.

If I can track it down, I might post pictures.
LED watches are quiet and polite. No ticking, no tocking, no beeping, no buzzing; they will only tell you the time when you ask to see it and they will do so instantly with no attention-seeking animations. A more civilized watch for a more civilized age.

Cushioncase24us

Post27 Apr 2006, 23:51

:D To: Dot-Matrix: You can view the one I purchased at the following link: http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/forsale/watch.html Also Armitron made one too, it is identical in case design: other than the different brand name stamped on it. I hope you or someone else in the forum might have further info: Thank's Again, Cushioncase24us
Cushioncase24us

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches