It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:21

Questions about Casio A155W

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

ultraputa

Questions about Casio A155W

Post23 Feb 2010, 23:41

Hello all! I'm new in this forum, and I have a lot of questions on vintage LCDs...

Few days ago I bought a Casio A155W, I really don't know if it is "vintage LCD" or "Modern LCD" according to this forum.

I'm not able to find information about this watch, it seems a very common Casio watch but no information anywhere.

It is very close to the A158WA-1Q of the "new vintage" Casio collection.

Can anyone help me to find more info about this watch?

Thanks!

Other questions about my LCD watches will come soon :)

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

: Questions about Casio A155W

Post24 Feb 2010, 11:26

Hi, the Casio A-155W is module 587 and was first released in January 1989 so borderline vintage/classic! However they went on making this model for a long time- best way to date it is to have a look at where it was made. An early one will probably be marked made in Korea or Malaysia (possibly Japan, but by this time it was mostly the "fancy" models that were coming from Japan). Later ones (post about 1996) will be marked made in China.

ultraputa

: Questions about Casio A155W

Post26 Feb 2010, 11:00

It's... JAPAN!!! :-D

Japan in the back and Japan in the module. Any other country name on the watch. So it should be an old A-155w.

Old Tom, just a question... where did you find the information about this watch. I waste some hours trying to look for information about this watch and apart of some pictures from Casio collectors I did not get any interesting information.

Thanks!

Now it's time to spend some hours on my recently received Riquartz, Pulsar and Duward LCD's

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches