Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

egomon

Techie

Techie

Optcom 1 time not advancing

Post02 Jan 2013, 19:30

Hi.

I bought a Optcom 1 on ebay a month ago and it just came in and of course I opened it up did a little cleaning and all the segments lit up!! But the problem now is that the time is not advancing and it is all the time 10:35!!

Is it perhaps a quartz problem or is it a bit serious then that. It is the older model with wlashing numbers so from that I think that the quarts is ok (perhaps). And someone a long the time has removed (using a lot of force) the watch crown. Otherwise it was not opened at all. The inside parts of the crown ware inside of the watch.

I have now two Optcom Jules Jurnegsen DSM watches and the new one has much brighter display :)
So if anyone has some useful advise then pleasse let me know

Best regards

Egon

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Optcom 1 time not advancing

Post02 Jan 2013, 20:00

I have a Optel DSM and working from the original instructions, to set the time the crown is depressed, when depressed it engages a switch which has four positions, one normal, one to advance the hour, one to advance the minute and one to pause the watch, the watch goes into pause mode when it is released from the minute advance position.
It sounds like your watch has got stuck in the pause position, I am not sure how to rectify the fault but thought this might help to at least point you in the right direction.

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 Jan 2013, 20:26

I don't know if this will help or not, but I have a Segtronic with field effect display, but a similar module and the same setting mechanism that has a similar problem getting stuck in "set" mode. Sometimes I need to tinker with it for half an hour or so to get it out of set mode. I'd tinker with it before doing anything drastic - sometimes it takes a while and a little patience. It's frustrating because with no seconds display, you need to wait a minute each time you tinker with it to see if it's advancing or not!

Attached is a diagram of the setting positions.

Good luck.

-abe.

Optel Instructions (600x800).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post02 Jan 2013, 20:50

Hi. Thanks for the help, it is workin fine and yes it was on the pause!!! I guess my next step would be to finde a new crown for the watch or new case all together

Thaks again :)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post03 Jan 2013, 15:51

I'm so jealous of those white digits, Egon...nice one :-)
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches