Battery for Hamilton Quartz TL?

Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

s_elias

Geek

Geek

Re: Battery for Hamilton Quartz TL?

Post08 Mar 2013, 23:23

Sorry RetroLeds our threads crossed - check the timestamps of the messages, I was responding at the same time you gave the info

Thanks for the info and clarification :Prost:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post09 Mar 2013, 03:26

Sorry if I came across harsh or [just my usual asinine] - I primarily bop in here once a week or so and see if there is anything I can join in on. Batteries are problematic, especially older ones since the numbering systems often made little sense. That is a nice watch. I've had those but for the life of me I don't remember what they take so I'm not going to over-extend myself. But I wanted to [hopefully] bring a little clarity to what you were working against in both diameter and thickness.

Re: Over-extending yourself. Want to get filleted? - mis-speak on a forum.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

laptop

Techie

Techie

Post09 Mar 2013, 04:40

To clarify: the battery (Camelion CR2320) was a bit too thick to go underneath the tab, so I put a little piece of foil to help the side contact located underneath the tab to easily touch the battery. And BECAUSE IT WAS TOO THICK and a little bit TOO BIG for the battery compartment I put another piece of foil on the negative contact making it thicker and helping it to reach the battery. As I said, it was just to check and see if the battery and the watch would work. And because it is a screw down back, I would never screw it in all the way to provoke damage to the module or anything this drastic.
Thank you Benrus and Ed for the information about the proper battery to be used. Now that everything worked, I will buy the right one to replace.
BTW I didn't know to what the numbers on the batteries stood for, :-D living and learning :Prost:
:Hi:
The impossible is only a point of view!
Previous

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches