Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Microma

Post21 Jun 2013, 20:29

Hey guys,
This 1975 Intel/Microma was in a drawer for some time , waiting for a matching steel bracelet.
Today I decided that waiting time was up. I fitted it with new batteries, polished the plexi a bit, greased the gasket and fitted a black leather bracelet.
To my surprise it makes a very nice match, maybe even better then a steel one :)

The watch is functional and has a clean movement. I was able to set all but am wondering what the function of the lower pusher is. I think its the pusher for operating a light, however nothing happens, so unfortunately a broken bulb?
Not going to take this movement apart, keeping it as is. Its in excellent shape, practically no signs of use.

peachykeen

Geek

Geek

Re: Microma

Post21 Jun 2013, 23:20

seicitizitch wrote:Hey guys,
This 1975 Intel/Microma was in a drawer for some time , waiting for a matching steel bracelet.

Nice one. I have the very same watch labeled as MBO 0321, unfortunately with only a semi-working movement that blanks the display every few seconds. It keeps time very well, but the display is blank most of the time, which makes it pretty useless in its current state.
Be aware that the movement is very touchy. They tend to go belly-up due to static electricity if you don't take appropriate actions against it when replacing the battery.
The watch is functional and has a clean movement. I was able to set all but am wondering what the function of the lower pusher is. I think its the pusher for operating a light, however nothing happens, so unfortunately a broken bulb?

Yes, it's a common problem with this module. I have yet to see one where the bulb is still okay.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post21 Jun 2013, 23:26

Great watch..i love the simplicity and the big clear digits. It's a pity about the light..it has a great light also.

btw..nice shot
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post22 Jun 2013, 14:47

yeah difficult watch..sometimes the display works for months and then suddenly the digits disappear for a few weeks.

btw..here is mine with light :-D

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

elceedee

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Jun 2013, 20:06

Nice model Kasper, with its sunburst continuing on the case :)

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches