M a j e s t y k Watch Finally Coming!

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

M a j e s t y k Watch Finally Coming!

Post21 Sep 2006, 20:04

Hello everyone! It is I...M ajestyk. I haven't been on this forum since August! Wow! There was a time where I would come here every 6 hours, at least.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that my watch is almost ready and it will be shipping very soon!

It has gone through many changes.

As far as the case is concerned, it's still the same heavy stainless steel case, mostly brushed finish case. The ?face plate? inside is brushed metal and the clear outer crystal is glass. The inner blue/red crystal is no longer a plastic sheet over the display, it is now polished acrylic. I have made changes to the back plate and clasp. The crown logo is gone.

The biggest change of the watch is the module, and it is now a one button watch! That is one function button and one time setting button in the lower, opposite corner.

And to those few who really wanted this watch to have SECONDS...Well your wish has come true. :)

The function button displays:

Time with 1st push, month and day with 2nd, and seconds with 3rd.

Here's a list of the additional features of the module:

Time Setting Procedure like vintage LED?s. (No combination of buttons to push)

Adjustable 12 & 24 Hour Time! / PM Dot when in 12 Hour mode.

Year Setting (not necessary but good for leap years?Handles the 29th of Feb)

Has full colon (not the single dot like in the first photo) and the colon flashes when the time is displayed, which is cool.

I will provide more details in the coming days, including the price.

Later!

Jeff
Last edited by Majestyk on 27 Nov 2006, 18:42, edited 4 times in total.

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Re: Majestyk Watch Finally Coming!

Post21 Sep 2006, 21:50

A proper modern module at long last I can't wait to see the finished pictures, or maybe a short video clip showing the functions.

Excellent...!!!

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Sep 2006, 22:50

drooling......

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post22 Sep 2006, 00:10

Is it Christmas already?
I?m losing my edge!

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post22 Sep 2006, 00:53

Awesome!!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post22 Sep 2006, 09:08

Oh la la !
The eye of the master,
Does more than bote his hands.

L'oeil du ma?tre
Fait mieux que ses deux mains.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post22 Sep 2006, 09:18

Yippiieh!
I could do well without seconds, but the 24h feature is great! It's always sort of a funny feeling when a watch shows 11:00 and it's dark outside...
But the most important feature is that it "Handles the 29th of March" :wink:

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post22 Sep 2006, 09:23

Before knowing the price , here is a little game:

How much would you be ready to pay for it???

I begin:

99$
The eye of the master,
Does more than bote his hands.

L'oeil du ma?tre
Fait mieux que ses deux mains.

collector

Techie

Techie

Post22 Sep 2006, 14:18

MJ / Jeff,

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DESIGN OF THE NEW WATCH!!!! I have compared it with my my personal requirements I had listed a good # of months ago (see below). Thanks for listening and in my opinion you have hit a "HOME RUN"!!!!

My requirements as compared with your watch are as follows:

1. Good quality saphire crystal - no mineral glass etc

Your NEW front is more than acceptable!!

2. High quality "hard" stainless case, steel band and clasp - not something that will scratch the clasp or band the first time you are at your desk and rub it on the desk top!

Thanks for the stainless steel and no plain base metal plus the clasp design is great!!

3. One push button to tell time etc (NOT A PIMPLY LOOKING THING) with a second recessed button for setting everything. i.e. Adidas's buttons are pimply looking and ill placed, and at a min the date and time buttons shoud be reversed, they are stupid in their present configuration / location.

Your One button design with the recessed setting button is just great!!! AND the button design is not pimply looking at all!!! THANKS!!!

4. Hour, second, month, date display WITH THE CAPABILITY of setting seconds.

Again, thanks for listening, the features of the new module are great!!!

5. Screw off / on battery button - similar to the early Wits, Bulovas, etc - not the Pulsar type. NO PRY OFF CASEBACK WHATSOEVER!!!

The screw dowm back is greatt - not having a pry off back is just wonderfull!!!

6. Signed band as well as clasp

Your new band design is great.

7. Serialized with an online registery / warranty process etc - never a doubt about origin etc. I bought my wife a Moissanite ring and the Charles and Colvard site made it very easy to register the individual stone / serial # as well as make you eligible for their lifetime warranty - so this should not be a hard thing to do - other retailers also do this.

Not sure what you are doing here or what the warranty will be - but based on my dealings with you through eBay not a concern!!!

8. Good reliable well made electronic module - not another .99 cent module from China etc. THIS IS A MUST IF I SEE ANOTHER CHEAP PIECE OF C---- module I will scream!

YEAH!!!!! Finally a new module with features - enough said --- Thanks!!!!

9. Good design - not another knockoff

GREAT DESIGN!!!!

10. Waterproof to 5 Bar - not something that goes under the first time you wash your hands!!

Again another requirement met!!!

11. Easily adjustable band size (large enough to fit a good sized wrist) - okay if you have to bring it to a jeweler - but it should not make the jeweler scream in frustration when they try to resize it!!

Your band design is great!!!

12. NO PLASTIC PARTS ANYWHERE ON THE WATCH!!!

Thanks for getting rid of the plastic - the watch looks very gracefull!!

13. Decent UNDERSTANDABLE instruction / warranty booklet.

I am sure you, unlike some other watch vendors, will include decent instructions, so again not a concern.

BOTTOM LINE, THANKS FOR UNDERTAKING THIS PROJECT AND I LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN IT WILL BE ON THE MARKET!!!

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post22 Sep 2006, 14:23

But the most important feature is that it "Handles the 29th of March"

Yes, it's a very special feature that only this watch has! :)

How much would you be ready to pay for it???

I know your not asking me this, but that's a good question...I will say it won't be lumped in the $99 tier of modern LED watches that I see on Ebay. So therefor I'll make it less!!! Ahh....No.

4. Hour, second, month, date display WITH THE CAPABILITY of setting seconds.

I know you're a real seconds person, but you can't set the seconds in the setting mode. :) It still retains the "feature" of resetting the seconds to zero when the minutes are changed. Actually, at the top of my head, I can't think of any vintage LED watches that had a setting for seconds. I'm sure there were a few. Most had a time sync feature. (Flashing display, etc) Thanks for the kind words, by the way!

Jeff

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Sep 2006, 15:04

CONGRATS MJ, Glad to see your watch completed. But Guys we are talking about Feb 29 th. I am an Aries and please tell me the watch has more than 28 or 29 days in March.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

collector

Techie

Techie

Post22 Sep 2006, 16:18

Jeff,

How you have set up the seconds is exactly what I was looking for!!! I probably explained this requirement wrong - what you did is GREAT!!!

Again, thanks for listening!!!!

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Sep 2006, 16:38

C'mon Jeff, give us a launch date and price, I really really want a blue led one....... :D

collector

Techie

Techie

Post22 Sep 2006, 17:27

Jeff,

I know the pricing decision is yours and that you obviously want to make the most $'s that you can. That's great, but a favor please - Set the initial price at whatever you feel is right and basically keep it there. Please do not keep lowering the price on a regular basis as other LED sellers have done. "CHEAP" LED watches introduced at "X" dollars were / are selling at 50 - 90% off of there initial prices within months.

I personally would like this watch to eventually become a real collectors item - not just something that's worth a "Buck" in several years!!

Thanks

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post22 Sep 2006, 21:22

I have to agree with collector, stick with whatever price you launch at or else we're all gonna hate you so much :wink: However, I seem to remember in a past topic that you were planning on selling some of these to other 3rd parties, is this still the case? (We'd all rather buy direct from you though I'm sure).

How about a discount for DWF members ? :wink:

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post23 Sep 2006, 01:08

You guys are right about lowering the price and making the watch seem cheap! I was thinking about this same thing last night and have changed my pricing a little to reflect this.

Anyway, I can't reveal the price at this moment but I will be offering the watch on Ebay as a preorder (yes, Ebay does allow that) very very shortly, at a lower Buy It Now price than normal.

I'll leave you the link to the fixed price auction shortly.

Jeff

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post23 Sep 2006, 08:47

Good effort Jeff !

I also like the look of the watch and the operational functions.. I'm also pleased to see you haven't copied the shape of a swimming pool to design the watch ! I think the price will make a big difference on how many you sell, but if the price is right, I will be adding a couple to my collection..

LEDWatchStop

Geek

Geek

Post24 Sep 2006, 05:47

Jeff..the watch is a real triumph in both case design and module! You did an amazing job. I am drooling and my keyboard is shorting out...... (*&(&(^(*&@T^$(*&($*&$(*&$(*&* b :lol:

Troy
www.ledwatchstop.com

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post29 Sep 2006, 09:25

The watch has been delayed for a week...Two at the most. I just have to get something "tweaked" on it that I noticed this week.

Anyway, on another note, some of you might not like this...Particularly the die hard vintage LED fans, but the watch will not have an indented time setting button. It will retain the two buttons in the corner. Of course, in order to go in to time setting mode, you have to push the top function button first and then the bottom button. I will say, it's much easier to set the time, date etc, and swap between 12/24 hour mode. You can do this while it's on your wrist. There's no having to find a little tool or toothpick or something. I also like the symetrical look with the buttons in the corner too. But hey, that's just me. :) My non retro watch friends will like this, when I told them about the lower button being replaced by an indented button that needs something small to push it in, they hated it.

The only draw back that I can see is not being able to anchor your thumb on the bottom button while pushing the top one. But that was the original draw back of my initial design, which almost made it to market...There are plenty of other places to anchor your thumb when pushing the top button...I have no problems myself.

This will also be more marketable too (with the mainstream), since the indented button is becoming a dying breed.

Anyway, just giving a heads up!

Thanks,

Jeff

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Sep 2006, 01:07

It will look better with the two opposite buttons.
its Ying & Yang and all that....
I?m losing my edge!

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post01 Oct 2006, 12:37

i must take my hat of to any one that loves these watches enough to design there own.
however i suppose you cant please everyone with regards styling.
this one looks a cross between two wittnauer models...the assymetric and the most ugly led watch ever the oblong crystal polara.
i would have prefered a style like the late bulovas with a tv shaped case.
with the brushed steel face under the glass and a more traditional led display.
like i say you cant please everyone all the time.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post01 Oct 2006, 14:04

Good decision - I also prefer the more symmetric look with 2 buttons - even if I have to wait another 2 weeks...
Next

Return to Modern Digitals