Majestyk Watch Review on www.thedigitalwatch.com

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Majestyk Watch Review on www.thedigitalwatch.com

Post03 Feb 2007, 18:15

I just thought I'd drop a line and thank Ed for putting my Majestyk watch in the spotlight. I would like to address a couple of things...

1) The watch Ed reviewed was given to him back in December, for a service that he provided.

2) The watch was an earlier sample in which I mentioned to Ed wasn't 100% clean. It was never meant for an actual review.

3) Although the watch is mostly brushed finish, it intentionally has a slight polished nature to make it shine. Any polished based watch can garner more scratches if it's rubbed up against hard surfaces. The one I've been wearing for a year has only a couple of hairline marks that can be seen when under light but nothing noticeable.

4) I've had a number of people state that the watch looks better than in the photos. We'll they are talking about the ones on www.majestykwatch.com. It definitely looks better than the photos in the review. :)

EDIT: I saw the "in defense" post in the letters to the editor and I just want to make it clear that I thought ED's review was very professional and I'm very please with it. I don't think the watch needed defending but my thanks to the individual who wrote it. My purpose of this post was mainly to illustrate that the watch was not in mint shape when given to ED. This was not due to normal wear and tear it was simply one of a few early samples that ended up like this, straight from the factory. If I had known the watch would have been reviewed, I would have sent Ed "normal" production watch. :)

Thanks.

Majestyk over and out...
Last edited by Majestyk on 17 Feb 2007, 13:15, edited 2 times in total.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Feb 2007, 17:14

Shouldn't this be in "letters to the editor" ????

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Watch review,etc.

Post04 Feb 2007, 20:40

Fitron has a good point...I am trying to instill a "Readership" approach to what is at www.thedigitalwatch.com, while the forum is for group or personal discussion/interaction. It's not a big deal though.

I am a critical reviewer as I think the whole nature of a review is to point out the positives and the negatives and give the reader a chance to make an educated decision. It wasn't exactly what he wanted it to be, but Jeff took this review well - so let's let it be. Two people have already requested I present an item of their's next month, so this will be a regular source of discussion and commentary. 8)

Thanks to all for being so understanding - Tor got tired as this was no longer a labor of love for him(just keeping up with the spammers some days can consume 1/2 an hour); I'm hoping the changes and expanded format will take on a life of their own, that will keep things going, even when my time and energy levels are low.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2007, 02:04

If Ed wants to move it there, that's cool. I haven't really delved in to the review site yet so I didn't know about its existence until now.

M

Return to Modern Digitals