addidas LED's

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

aladdin_sane

Geek

Geek

addidas LED's

Post11 Apr 2008, 12:36

anyone know anything about these watches, rate them?

They look good on the outside but I'm not sure what they're like inside. Some of the Fossile watches look great but I hear the modules are useless.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: addidas LED's

Post11 Apr 2008, 18:27

I know they have been discussed here, there were even module photos, but the threads seem to have got lost during forum migration :-( :evil:
Only this one is left http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=1342&highlight=adidas
I don't have one, and never had, so I can't tell much about it.

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post11 Apr 2008, 20:05

I had the red and green unmarked led version of this watch. I actually ended up sending them back because they were diffcult to read in normal lighting, the green was an ugly yellowish green color, and each segment of the display is made of individual led lights which are covered over with diffusor plastic to scatter the light. Very same idea you see in large LED alarm clocks.

If you like the sideview watches, I personally would recommend the Tokyoflash Retrofit watch

http://ledwatchstop.com/store/watch-tok ... p-234.html

It's dot matrix display is very bright, I have the green and blue LED versions and found them readable in direct sunlight and highly recommend them if you want a fun watch to wear that's not too costly. Ebay has them for under $100 dollars anymore.

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Post12 Apr 2008, 11:44

I bought an adidas sideview on a dirt cheap BIN just to sell it on at a profit, but it was an OK watch for the (cheap) price I paid for it. The LEDS really were not pretty though, far too fat and square. The bracelet was nice though, that would be the only version to get, but they still demand too much for what they are imho. Logo on the top was irritating.

aladdin_sane

Geek

Geek

Post14 Apr 2008, 00:29

thanks for the input. I think I'll steer clear of these. For their price, for a few extra quid I can buy a reasonable vintage.

Return to Modern Digitals