It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:14

aaawatchclub.com

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

DW20s

aaawatchclub.com

Post30 Sep 2008, 14:30

I came across this site on google, anyone here have any info on their range of led style watches?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: aaawatchclub.com

Post30 Sep 2008, 15:57

Yes, those are(ok, could be copies,the folks to the Far East even copy each other shamelessly) the Atomix brand. The module is pretty decent, magnified real old-style LED technology(like the Fossil 2000 & 2002 series). Bands are a little flimsy on the new ones, better on their older ones from late '90s. Figure it a Fossil at about half the price - daily wear you will not cry about damaging. :x :lol:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post30 Sep 2008, 18:12

Save your money and buy an original LED, both have the same functions and a new 'retro looking' LED is never going to give the same sort of satisfaction that you would get from owning a genuine 70s original IMHO.

An original LED need not be expensive - have a look at Ed's site http://www.retroleds.com/Budget.htm $120 or less for a decent working model :!: can't go wrong, better than taking a gamble on anything from ebay ;-)
Regards Mick.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post30 Sep 2008, 18:19

Much as I appreciate the plug, I think those are hard to beat at $40. My budget page is basically what you get after I buy a piece from ebay or elsewhere, clean,fix,etc. and make a little for my work and some fresh Renata bateries. A working vintage IS much more likely for someone to gush" wow, that is so old school, my Dad had one of those". Or something like that. :lol:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post30 Sep 2008, 19:05

A working vintage IS much more likely for someone to gush" wow, that is so old school, my Dad had one of those". Or something like that.

That was the point I was making, you could buy any number of the $40 replica's but they would not evoke the same sentiment as an original 70s LED watch.

The link was added to show that a reliable and original LED watch could be brought for less than the cost of a tank full of petrol........also buying an original has to be a better investment than a new 'vintage' watch.

A new 'vintage' LED just misses the whole point of owning a LED watch IMHO :!:

Regards Mick.

DW20s

Post01 Oct 2008, 16:28

Thankyou for the info and advice guy's, some food for thought.....your right, there's just something about a genuine original Led that can't be beat..

Also thanks for the link, some nice watches there 8-)

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: : aaawatchclub.com

Post01 Oct 2008, 21:41

bucko170 wrote:a new 'retro looking' LED is never going to give the same sort of satisfaction that you would get from owning a genuine 70s original IMHO.
Regards Mick.

Atta boy Mick, get the kid addicted to LED. :lol:

Return to Modern Digitals