the new time computer

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

the new time computer

Post16 Aug 2009, 16:49

does anyone have the latest developments with this watch?
its been some time with little new info

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

: the new time computer

Post16 Aug 2009, 21:19

Barring a miracle of Biblical magnitude, it's never going to happen. It was an ill-conceived [not particularly attractive, and grossly overpriced] attempt to continue the Time Computer legacy. It was advertised two years before production, and except [possibly] for a single prototype, none were ever made. It doesn't seem to have occurred to anybody that, at $500 a copy, people would rather have an original example of 1970s LED technology, rather than a 21st-century knockoff. I could put a splendid specimen of Date/Command or Executive on your wrist for under half a grand...I think we have heard the last of the Inverta.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post17 Aug 2009, 05:17

Being a person with faith in the Bible, I guess I can wait a while longer. :-) I've heard of stranger things being attempted. :idea: Considering the economy, it would be wise for Mr. Klein to wait.

The Pulsar was viewed by many with skepticism in it's day. Considering it's wide departure from the watch styling and function of it's day, it was considered unattractive and unpractical by many. :x As it still is today :lol:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post17 Aug 2009, 10:29

I wholeheartedly agree, he should wait, until the 22nd century, at least. Or perhaps as a celebration of the discovery of the 100th P1...

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Aug 2009, 21:19

what a shame that the project seems to have come to nothing,after having the enthusiasm and drive to undertake the idea in the first place . it would have been interesting to see the final production item . some nice technical ideas and quality components

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post21 Aug 2009, 21:40

No shame...the idea is not dead in the water from what I hear. It is a great financial challenge to bring a new product out in an adverse economy, with a very narrow market. The people at Hamilton were working on the P1 for about 5 years, with a large team and lots of money. Mr. Klein hasn't been at it that terribly long. The tiniest details can bog a project down.

:idea: I thought I would update the Gallery software in February...the people who wrote the code thought that was the time-frame......6 months later I am regretting I mentioned it as the software hasn't been released. :oops: I think we have all made the mistake of over-promising, at least once in our lives. :-?
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Aug 2009, 21:56

well ed i really hope that the project does come to its production stage. i am sure many of us would love to have been in a position to undertake such an interesting venture

Return to Modern Digitals