Post06 Apr 2010, 00:54

The retail price of $1,495 seems...... "optomisitic"...... :roll:

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: : Launch of a new Hamilton Pulsomatic

Post06 Apr 2010, 00:56

LEDluvr wrote:The retail price of $1,495 seems...... "optomisitic"...... :roll:

Yes, very optomistic. Well i wont be buying one at that price. Nor will many people i guess. You could probally buy a nice 14k Original with that price tag.

morelite

Techie

Techie

: Launch of a new Hamilton Pulsomatic

Post06 Apr 2010, 01:05

$1500 and no colon, it bugs me to not see a colon on the time display.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Apr 2010, 13:20

Why so expensive , except that they can charge that price?

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post06 Apr 2010, 13:38

Older thread: http://dwf.nu/viewtopic.php?t=3709
Nice watch, but too expensive IMO
For that money I can get a Ventura d-sparc which is also an automatic digital, but the FIRST one.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post22 Apr 2010, 22:13

I'll be buying one !! I started saving in March :)

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post22 Apr 2010, 22:39

When you get it please share your thoughts.... and copious photographs. :-)

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post22 Apr 2010, 23:09

Of course I will, but I fear we will all have to wait until October ><

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post22 Apr 2010, 23:59

Are you actually, seriously considering this? Let me try to put this in collecting perspective for you. For $1500, I'll put a trio of minty, stainless P2, P3, and Executive watches on your wrist [I'll even pick up the postage]. How do those balance against a modern LCD watch [Hamilton or not]? Think about it.... Opinions, anyone?

morelite

Techie

Techie

Post23 Apr 2010, 00:31

It would be nice if they added a few features like a backlight, alarm, chronograph, and timer.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post23 Apr 2010, 00:32

I already have enough pulsars even a greenie. They all need batteries. This watch screams "class and engineering" to me anyway.

Now offer me a markalon Perregaux LED and we're talkin' ;)

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post23 Apr 2010, 09:15

dbmurphy wrote:Now offer me a markalon Perregaux LED and we're talkin' ;)
Seriously? Since I got a stainless one a few months ago I consider selling the Macrolon... It's only been lying in the drawer for almost 2 years now - I checked it a moment ago: the batteries are almost flat now, but it's still only 4 seconds off :-)

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post23 Apr 2010, 11:10

I was just trying to put the relative value in perspective; I'm guessing my threshold of what constitutes rare or "enough" is just a lot higher. Final example...a 14K solid gold Dress watch, near mint, with the exotic Florentine finish [Lloyd, if you're listening, you need to change the description on your site, this watch is no longer unique]. From a jeweler/pawnbroker in West Virginia...$750, postpaid [after being listed on eBay twice with not a single bid; there would have been no third time around...if I hadn't taken it, it was headed for the scrap pile]. Now, THAT'S value! There's more dollars in gold there than you propose to pay for a contemporary, ordinary stainless steel watch...sorry, but I just can't see it [OK, though; leaves more gold for me ;-) ]. Hamilton, is a good make, but not that good [I have a MIB2 as my daily "wearer", that I picked up for $60, that has features this latest creation doesn't...I don't think there's a 25-to-1 ratio in the "coolness" factor]. Anyway, enough said, I guess...

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post23 Apr 2010, 12:02

Final example...a 14K solid gold Dress watch, near mint, with the exotic Florentine finish [Lloyd, if you're listening, you need to change the description on your site, this watch is no longe unique].

That rang a few bells Bruce. But on a P2, not a dress. Did you see this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PULSAR-LED-STAINLES ... 35a884ef26

Do you think it's original ? I meant to post this one up when I saw it, but didn't get around to it.
Rgds,
Andrew.

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post23 Apr 2010, 13:08

bruce wegmann wrote:I was just trying to put the relative value in perspective; I'm guessing my threshold of what constitutes rare or "enough" is just a lot higher. Final example...a 14K solid gold Dress watch, near mint, with the exotic Florentine finish [Lloyd, if you're listening, you need to change the description on your site, this watch is no longer unique]. From a jeweler/pawnbroker in West Virginia...$750, postpaid [after being listed on eBay twice with not a single bid; there would have been no third time around...if I hadn't taken it, it was headed for the scrap pile]. Now, THAT'S value! There's more dollars in gold there than you propose to pay for a contemporary, ordinary stainless steel watch...sorry, but I just can't see it [OK, though; leaves more gold for me ;-) ]. Hamilton, is a good make, but not that good [I have a MIB2 as my daily "wearer", that I picked up for $60, that has features this latest creation doesn't...I don't think there's a 25-to-1 ratio in the "coolness" factor]. Anyway, enough said, I guess...

Bruce I did see it, he accepted my $750 offer on it, then said it was sold ? I asked him why has he sold it and got no reply. So now I know where it has gone. This dress model also came with just the Florentine on the bracelet too.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post23 Apr 2010, 14:25

I must say that I agree with the relative cost & bang for your buck position. No argumemt at all.

Sometimes you just want something because it resonates with you. I REALLY wish it wasn't so damn expensive, but I like it, and would like to add it to my collection. HELL I might even wear it around.

PS - I wear my MIB2 as well, but didn't get as good a deal as you did ;) I gotta dig the instructions out of storage, because the 1-hour behind thing is driving me nutz, and I remember how to set everything BUT the time ><

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post23 Apr 2010, 14:59

dbmurphy wrote:Sometimes you just want something because it resonates with you.
Heh - soooo may things(skirted things are a classic example :O`~ ) fall into that category. Just have remind yourself it's a want, not a need. :lol:

But seriously, that watch is awfully pricey for what you are getting. And that is the MSRP - maybe after a month of two of languishing sales we'll be able to pick them up for around 1/2 that. :-D
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post23 Apr 2010, 15:13

<<sigh>>

It is INDEED an want... nothing more. As time goes on, I may be able to wait like half a year (grinds teeth), and get it for *much* less.

You guys ALL know what it is like when you want something, all rational thought goes out teh window.

Like when I bought my Synchronar watches... I mean I knew they were crappy watches, that ALL eventually broke down -but I got them anyway (ducks to avoid flying debris)

LMAO

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post23 Apr 2010, 16:27

dbmurphy wrote:<<sigh>>
You guys ALL know what it is like when you want something, all rational thought goes out teh window.
Hey, I rationally consider where I can hide each of the (now) 12 bass guitars own so the wife doesn't skin me. She has this crazy idea, " you can only play one at a time". What kind of crazy logic is that? Musicians refer to it as GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Earlier this week I seriously bid on one that I already have(different color) - thank GOD I didn't win! !@@!

Even funnier - I can get out a new bass, play it at a gig with her there, and she never notices it is different. OR maybe just doesn't want to fight with me.....she's a pretty good kid in that regard(usually).
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post23 Apr 2010, 17:07

I seem to have other forms of GAS, and it has served me well to let my wife have her own (separate) bank account. I regularly LIE about the cost of my Gear Acquisitions, and she has no reliable way to check-up on me.

It is a challenge to come up with new ways to introduce my new gear without having her get too interested ;)

The fewer questions she asks.... the better :eek:

My wife is a good camper as well :mrgreen:

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post23 Apr 2010, 19:06

If it's your first marriage I'd say you have great skills. I too have a separate bank account(actually a couple), a post office box, a bank vault box..... If she(current missus) hangs in there long enough, she'll be damn glad I am so good at squirreling a little away for a rainy day. When my previous wife passed away(r.i.p.) I found almost $2k of cash in one of her purses, way at the back of the closet. Can't say nothing bad about HER, that certainly beat a stick in the eye,. 8-)
Next

Return to Modern Digitals