Ventura Delta experience.

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Ventura Delta experience.

Post14 Jan 2012, 13:48

Does anyone own the delta?And what do you think of it?
One question,when removing the link pins,one end has the "filler". When reinserting the pin should this small filler be removed from the end of the pin and placed in the opposite side of the link?
Its a very special watch ,will list a few pics soon!

rewolf

Guru

Guru

: Ventura Delta experience.

Post14 Jan 2012, 19:16

So you finally got one - welcome to Ventura club :-D Which one did you get, white or black?

The "filler" can be inserted either way.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post16 Jan 2012, 21:32

Yes,i bought the all stainless model in November last,,i just haven't got round to using it yet.I was unsure of the adjustment on the pins for it,that end filler on the pin ,i presume its still attached to the pin when you push it out? and that you simply push it in from the same side you pushed it out from? It is a very special watch,i am going to list a "road test" of the Ventura Delta Vs Seiko EPD Vs Junghans Mega 1000. Will list my findings and mark them out of 10. ;-)

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Jan 2012, 19:20

Ok, here are my findings on these three watches,firstly i believe that they represent the best digitals currently available.I have given each a mark out of 10 in the following categories to find an overall winner.I stress these are purely for fun and are my findings and judgment.
Value - Junghans offers very good value for money despite a recent huge increase in price its still less than half the cost of the Ventura. The Seiko also offers very good value ,considering the new technology on offer. The Ventura is very expensive and cant match the others higher spec,although it has a very high accuracy and therefore may not require the radio control.However,value can mean different things.The ventura has build quality which compares to £3000 watches,therefore its also ,in these terms a bargain. Junghans 9, Seiko 9, Ventura 10.
Display and technology - Junghans offer a larger segment count than your "normal" lcd watch which leads to nice shaped digits.The display indoors is average in the negative format.Ventura offers their segment design which is much higher that any other watch,the display is beautifully formed.Seikos EPD, takes top place inside,however its advantage outside is not as high as you would imagine.Both the others as equally as stunning in outside lighting. Junghans 8, Ventura 10, Seiko 9.
Design - Junghans offers a beautifully formed watch,the bracelet is exquisite and fits around the wrist beautifully.The rest of the watch is equally attractive with is accurately machined case and crystal.
Ventura also is beautifully designed,simple ,elegant with stunning attention to detail.It resembles the Seiko 0624.
Seiko may have used its classic front button design but its design is nothing like as "fluid" as the others.It looks a bit ungainly next the others here.Junghans 8, Ventura 9, Seiko 6.
Desirability - Junghans have suffered with syncing issues with the 1000 which may affect it slightly,although i have no problem in this respect.It is a very desirable piece of kit.
Ventura ,because of its sheer quality and tiny numbers makes it very desirable.
Seiko also because of the EPD technology makes it a top runner.
Junghans 7, Ventura 9, Seiko 9.
Rarity - All are rare and not really mass produced as such, the Junghans ,because its been around the longest is the most "common".
Seiko have smaller numbers but are producing more examples.
Ventura offers hand assembled excellence,made in tiny numbers.
Junghans 7, Seiko 8 Ventura 10.
Total - Junghans 39
Seiko 41
Ventura 48.
Winner Ventura Delta ,followed by the Seiko epd, third place,although its very close ,the Junghans Mega 1000.
What do you think?
Last edited by holly35 on 24 Mar 2012, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jan 2012, 19:29

please throw some pictures in here..love to see them near eachother.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jan 2012, 19:42

Yes - side by side pics of the front, back and sides of this amazing trio would be most welcomed. :idea:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post17 Jan 2012, 19:55

Great post John, I really enjoyed reading your review :-D

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Jan 2012, 20:40

Pictures of the trio asap! Do you think its possibly an idea for the forum? to "road test" and compare ,then pick "winner"?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Jan 2012, 15:08

Here's the pic of the three "at rest" :-D One final word regarding quality here,in another thread i banged on about how good the Omega 1602 in steel is.(It still is my favorite led watch) However NO digital watch can match the stunning quality of the Ventura,if you own one you will know what i mean!
Last edited by holly35 on 30 Jun 2012, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post21 Jan 2012, 18:14

Hm, very nice :-D

holly35 wrote:...However NO digital watch can match the stunning quality of the Ventura,if you own one you will know what i mean!
It's exactly what I always say :-D

Regarding your Delta I have a question: In the photos it appears that it has slightly rounded edges. A distinctive feature of all Venturas I have are their very precisely machined sharp edges, including my example of the Delta (in black). Is it just the photo, or was your Delta reworked, or is the silver model maybe differently shaped?
I wanted to post an image for comparison, but imageshack gives me "500 Internal Server Error" when I click "host it!"

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Jan 2012, 18:30

I can assure you this watch is brand new and ordered directly from Ventura. It arrived through a registered UK dealer in November. The pic does look slightly "soft" perhaps this one shows it better.
I cannot comment on the black version.

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post22 Jan 2012, 08:44

i quite like the look of that ventura, how much do they cost?
cheers
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post22 Jan 2012, 09:39

You can find up to date prices for these on-line,however i would recommend you purchase from an authorized dealer.Your looking at £1000 plus.

LEDluvr

Guru

Guru

Re: Ventura Delta experience.

Post24 Jan 2012, 22:06

Nice photos holly35, I like how you included the hangtags too. :lol:
I would he happy with any one of these 3 - you just can't go wrong! But my personal favorite is the Seiko.
(Just speaking from personal observation & taste - I haven't handled any of them in 'the steel'.)

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post28 Jan 2012, 10:41

Forgot to show the Ventura leather hang tag! :oops: They really are all very special, picking a personal fav here is very difficult. Probably Ventura-Junghans-Seiko would be my choice.The Junghans really is superb value for money and its sync capabilities has proved to be fine with me.Just goes to show,the latest technology does not automatically put the seiko top IMO.The Ventura is King here...........

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post29 Feb 2012, 21:50

Still wearing my V-Tec Alpha daily, I can't remember for how long now but at least 7 years.

Huertecilla

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : Ventura Delta experience.

Post12 Mar 2012, 17:13

holly35 wrote: However NO digital watch can match the stunning quality of the Ventura,if you own one you will know what i mean!

The Ventura RX Sparc is the most striking in that respect imo.
It is like a 21st century technology Panerai 5218.

It has the quality, heavy metal presence of the Seiko 0634 and Optel LCD but with modern day high end level of finish.

The large, machined, single crown of the RX is like on the Optel; very classic watch look.

Here is a photo I made and lóve; 20.000 years of powerfull naïve art:

´Design oder nicht sein´

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post15 Jul 2013, 15:59

so how does the v-delta go, in everyday use?

is it really any more scratch resistant than your typical stainless steel watch? (not the black version)

thanks
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post15 Jul 2013, 18:17

Excellent watch,although i had to return mine due to a mis aligned module.Nice compact size,but battery replacement should be carried out by Ventura as the module needs to be removed from the case,its expensive at around £100 inc the re-pressure test and shipping to and fro.
Over shadowed by the SDGA in my opinion.It is superb.

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post16 Jul 2013, 01:10

i really dont like the look of the seiko, so that one is definitely out.

so is the ventura slightly more scratch resistant than a typical s/s watch?

as for batteries, apparently they are good for up to 3 years & anyway I found a great guide online for battery replacement & it doesnt look too hard at all. as for pressure testing, not fussed about that.

cheers
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post16 Jul 2013, 18:43

Probably slightly...i never chanced scratching any of mine when i had them,but dont expect to crash it up against a desk ,wall or similar and not to get it damaged. : :no: Although its suppose to be better whos going to be brave enough to put it to the test? I always take care when wearing any prized expensive watch,unless its a daily beater.
Oh yes,and i take my hat off to anyone who buys and dismantles a £1000 watch at home to change a battery,so much can go wrong, lost screws,burred heads,damaged bracelets,scratched backs,lost parts damaged module etc (remember a vtec has to be completley striped down for this ,which is a pain,and at the end you have a watch with no water resistance warranty.then your :no: ~:( :sad:

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post17 Jul 2013, 02:20

Thanks for the reply, none of that puts me off tho, if i can find/buy one, i will do it myself. I really appreciate the help, on this. Cheers
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg
Next

Return to Modern Digitals