Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Ventura v-tec Gamma

Post20 Mar 2012, 19:42

New watch by Ventura: the v-tec Gamma

Funny that they don't call it Gamma II because in 2004 there was already a v-tec Gamma announced, it was never released, and it looked totally different. I still have pictures and a pps file then downladed from the old Ventura HP:
V-Tec_Gamma_metal_c.jpg

See also here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Ventura v-tec Gamma

Post20 Mar 2012, 21:37

it a pity that there aren't so many shops that sell these watches so i could try one..to feel it. I never saw one in real yet.

btw..the old one is much better then the new one. The old one is in the same robust style that we are used to see from Ventura.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post21 Mar 2012, 01:51

kasper wrote:...The old one is in the same robust style that we are used to see from Ventura.
...Especially as it was made of a rubberized metal core.
I don't like round watch faces, and the new Gamma is - round. Quite retro, IMO, because many vintage LED watches look similar with their square display inside a round crystal.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Mar 2012, 11:41

Now this is one i dont like,reminds me of those horrible looking Compu chron and Benrus early led models,square cases and round crystals .

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post17 Aug 2012, 11:50

I have followed up this post, as over a period of time i have slowly changed my mind on the Gamma.It possibly takes its looks more from the early Optel lcds ,which are very cool.Funny how some designs slowly grow on you,which would ,i suspect lead to a more lasting appreciation of it.
The standard steel and steel durinox is (imo) the nicest finish available from Ventura,this one has a very nice brushed finish which follows the radius of the crystal ,giving it a machine tooled look,much nicer than the "star burst" pattern on some early 70s led watches.
Interestingly , this model is made in Germany which possibly would account for its pricing ,being slightly lower than some other models.
I wonder if the case back size is the same as the Braun BN10,as it looks very close to it.
Has anyone purchased this model? Always nice to see some quality pics.My fav is the all steel version. :-D
On a different note, after some very extensive searching over months, i managed to locate probably one of the last new Ventura Alpha 1s available from an authorized dealer(Model W15R1).I am a very happy man. ;-)
Since stock images of this watch are pretty rubbish,a friend of mine in Germany sent me these shots.It does show the beautiful finish and gently sloping surfaces with soft round corners,i think its much nicer than the earlier images would suggest.
gamma small 3.jpg

gamma small 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post14 Jun 2016, 19:11

Order placed,awaiting delivery. :mega:

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post18 Jun 2016, 20:18

Received today and very happy with it.Ignore all online pics of this watch as none does it justification.Quality is right up there will all other Ventura models.
One thing,size wise this is very close to the original Alpha (although about 2mm wider and 4.5mm lug to lug longer) its the only Ventura model left that comes near to the original Alpha.
Beautifully machined and finished and i notice the scroll wheel "feel" is now smother in operation compared with the Alpha 2.Light on the wrist with modest diamensions,its perfect for me.If you looking for the original Alpha and cant find one,i recommend this one as a close cousin. ;-)
All in all a sleek,design with elegant,smooth curved surfaces that exudes quality.Highly recommended in this colour (standard steel with black rubber strap) :mega:

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post19 Jul 2016, 00:45

Nice to see Ventura still has followers after all these years. I don't like their recent models and have stopped purchasing after having completed my "vintage Ventura" collection (apart from the original alpha). vtec kappa has been my EDC for years now. Still looks like new, no signs of wear. Amazing quality.

Return to Modern Digitals