Omega Z33 LED Watch

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Omega Z33 LED Watch

Post26 Feb 2013, 21:47

welcome Bert to this incredible forum from us all. We hope you enjoy your stay. "willkommen"
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

kernelok

Post27 Feb 2013, 09:55

Great news Bert
In which country did you buy it and get it back?

I did the same a few weeks ago and waiting for return (omega Paris, st honoré). Hope I will be satisfy as you.

Z33 has some more fans, great!
K

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post27 Feb 2013, 22:49

Sounds like they at least replaced the hands?

I imagine realigning the hands would only need to remove and to reinstall the hands to properly align them :?:

bqn109com

Post28 Feb 2013, 20:44

Hi K,

I bought it at Westime in Beverly Hill, California and I sent it in for the repair at the Omega boutique in Costa Mesa, California.
The lady at the boutique was very nice. (her name is Tina)

Bert

kernelok

Post03 Mar 2013, 20:31

Hi Bert
Thanks for reply
Regards
K

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post07 Mar 2013, 20:24

How about a vid review of the Z33 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sClXGyzlMI8

KARNAK

Techie

Techie

Re: Omega Z33 LED Watch "PILOTS WATCH"

Post08 Mar 2013, 14:15

Morning fellow members "willkommen"

For the life of me I just cannot figure out how OMEGA can classify this watch as a PILOTS WATCH. Obviously done to get buyers interested like wanabee pilots.

As an ex commercial airline pilot at approx $5500-$5700 I agree with Bruce (THE MASTER) quote "EITHER WAY, THIS IMPRESSES ME AS A POINTLESS EXCERCISE".

Belive me flying along on instruments, with the a/c being buffeted around, hailstones beating the hell out of the windsheld and making a thunderous racket on the nose cone in thick heavy cloud and total darkness I dare any pilot with any sense to to even gance at this monstrosity let alone depend on it. That is what your instruments are for. I can assure you in an emergency which has to be documented and ends up on the Chief Pilot's desk and you are called in you will earn yourself a very fast exit to EARLY RETIREMENT by telling him "YOU WERE DEPENDING ON YOUR OMEGA PILOTS WATCH" instead of your cockpit instruments. M:)W:)M You would be so wrapped up in keeping the A/C safe and on the right vectors even glancing at the watch would be out of the question.

No commercial pilot in their right mind would even think of depending on it. This is a piece of BLING and SHOULD be treated as such.
Sorry to burst your baloon OMEGA but these are the cold hard facts.

Regards,
KARNAK.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post08 Mar 2013, 21:17

Looks terribly messy to me. Hands over dual digital readout - hmmm, I have an inexpensive Bulova LCD of recent construction with same functions. Reflective LCD - I have a FILA I love for the easier-to-read-in-sunlight. But alas, it's just a $50 watch so it gets little love. Guess my new signature covers all.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

kernelok

Post31 Mar 2013, 00:49

Just get back from Omega for hands re-alignment.
Good job done by Omega
I love this watch and its multi ways to measure and display time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Previous

Return to Modern Digitals