Fake Hamilton Pulsomatics.

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Fake Hamilton Pulsomatics.

Post28 Oct 2012, 13:09

Unsurprisingly the Pulsomatic is widely copied and faked, beware ,if your interested buy from somewhere reputable .Usual story,if its too cheap ,then it will be cheap!!! !@@!
I have found numerous photos on the web of this watch ,and many are poor quality copies. i cant list them here ,have a look........they are reasonably easy to spot. One even had a label on the back" swiss made 0% mercury battery added."Which i presume means its battery powered.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Re: Fake Hamilton Pulsomatics.

Post28 Oct 2012, 17:45

I've searched everywhere (haven't tried eBay yet) and all I could find was several replica watch sites offering genuine ones for a little over $200, supplied to them direct from Hamilton lol they had several photos of the genuine article, funny enough every one of the sites I found them on had exactly the same description. Oddly they offer Paypal as a payment option, I'm guessing most people would be asking pp for a refund when they get a cheap knock off, or more likely get nothing.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 14:07

If your looking for the super 8-) Pulsomatic look, but are short on the spondooliks :cry: Dont worry, with this beauty on your wrist :-D when viewed from across the room by :mrgreen: :mrgreen: people ,you may just carry it off ;-) :-D
May be advisable to keep on the move so that Mr :mrgreen: cant get too close a look ;-) :oops:
Walk this way :arrow: for the finest quality CRAP. M:)W:)M M:)W:)M M:)W:)M :~# !@
http://auction1.paipai.com/search/0/2E6 ... -61F2.html

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 14:43

Not sure what the battery sticker is all about, but again the photos look like the genuine article to me :-?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 14:48

Check out the bracelet /case fit,the mis aligned logos,quality and finish of the case ,the mention of battery fitment. The whole case is not machined accuratley, check the sloping edges of the case which are not even.The original is perfect in all these areas.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 15:28

I must be blind because it still looks fine to me, it also seems a lot of trouble to go to replicating a relativlely inexpensive watch. I have quite an interest in replica watches, how good they can copy things just fascinates me, and I can see why they go to the trouble of replicating more expensive Swiss brands, which are also much more popular (more saleable) models, but with this watch I would expect to see something that looks similar from the front but with a cheap digi movement and a closed back. What are other people's views on this?

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 15:45

Since i have the benefit of comparing these directly,the original has a much tighter fit to the case,also you will notice the bracelet at both sides are at different heights on the watch onthe listing.The logos drop to one side. The Pulsomatic is widely copied in the far east and i have been advised that fakes are widespread.I would suppose that because it was new at the time and had much promotion that it was a way of making a quick buck .
Interesting to read the "terms" on the listing(if you can understand the translation).
There is something that does not look right with these pics. I understand from Hamilton that they warn of purchasing from non registered dealers, especially over the web, as you may be supplied with faulty,damaged or non original items.
Interesting to note,this seller has another 88 pieces in stock! Even registered dealers i have contacted only have one or two in stock ,this guy has them stock piled! M:)W:)M

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 16:00

The price converts to £117.30, I wonder how much it costs to build a fake in order to still realise a profit?
Does the original include a back up battery?
I am also struggling to spot the difference between this one and a genuine one, I suppose it is difficult to do if you do not have the benefit of the genuine one at hand.
I suppose you have to give a grudging respect to the fakers if they can make it look this close to the original.
If I was a faker I would use the original photo's to sell the watch and post the out the fakes.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 16:06

Is it just me,or can no one else at least spot the mis aligned logs that a tilted to the left? perhaps this is a factory reject? The finer elements would probably need a hands on comparison. But i still dont like the look of it.Perhaps Kasper can chime in here,he should be able to add a comparison.
Still i wonder what you would get for £117 :?:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 16:18

I don't see the mis-aligned logo's or the difference with the height of the band, maybe my mind is just making allowances for the camera angle.
If it is a reject Seiko must of had a really bad day at the factory - he has 88 of them for sale!
If the site was not foreign I would be tempted to buy one just to satisfy my curiosity.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 16:52

i don't know what i must think about it...it's 145 euro's :eek: i also can not find the differences even do i have the original in my hands here. (995 euro)

If it's real, we must buy the whole stock and sell them half price on the bay :-)
if it's a fake..nicely done then.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 17:17

Most of the replica sellers on the Internet are scam artists, you usually see pictures of the real thing that they're saying is replica, then you get a really bad replica for your money, or often you get nothing. I've been into replica watches for years so know a few sites that are genuine (yeah I know genuine replica lol), what I mean is they are genuine in that they show photos of the actual replica, and they send out exactly what is pictured, none of these sites have a Pulsomatic in there listings, and I cannot find a single thread on replica Pulsomatics on the main replica forum.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 17:17

Have a look at this pic, this logo is defo not square.
norikohxb7255.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 17:49

yeah that logo is not right indeed. pffff !@@! but you must admire these guys..an automatic digital work for 145 euro's..thats cheap.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 19:20

Ahhh the mist has cleared, now that you have pointed it out I am thinking "how blind am I", TUT TUT :lol:

For a fake it still looks good, I cannot get my head around how they can produce a fake watch like this and still make a profit selling at that price, how much to manufacture all the boxes and paper work with the correct logo's, how much to copy and build the watch? What would be the market size for a watch that was produced as a limited edition for a niche market?

I suppose the biggest mystery is why go to all the trouble to make a fake to then put a big green sticker on the back stating that it has a battery and therefore marking it out as an obvious fake :?:

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Oct 2012, 19:28

Thanks for that info, I'm glad they didn't add any mercury to the battery lol.. I guess I've seen and read about a lot of fake mechanical watches, but never considered digital watches to be a real target of fakers.

Like the other guys said, it sort of boggles the mind that someone would go through all the trouble to fake a rather new digital like that, and sell it for such a low price and still make a profit from it.

Maybe we need a new section that shows how to spot certain fake digitals, might be a good reference for us to look up.
Last edited by AlmightyTallest on 30 Oct 2012, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 19:29

Beats me, i must say though,that comparing them was easier if you have the actual watch. Seems there must be a market for this stuff, now whos going to be brave and buy one? And we could have an autopsy night.!! :eek:
I must say the pulsomatic has grown on me very much. Its simplistic large display also reminds me of the first sekonda/electronika lcd watch.
Its so refreshing to have a watch with all frills and embellishments removed. There is far too much junk attached to some modern watches.
With this,you get the time and date... ..thats it. No buttons,no lights and no elaborate setting and menues. Its FAB!!
Last edited by holly35 on 30 Oct 2012, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 19:30

I think that wonky logo could be a trick of the camera, if you look at other views of the face the logo looks straight. I'm not convinced that the watch pictured is a fake, it just looks too good. Does the original have some kind of battery in it which is charged by the auto movement?

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post30 Oct 2012, 19:33

richard_uk wrote:Does the original have some kind of battery in it which is charged by the auto movement?

I thought that but having looked at the specification of the original watch it states the the power reserve is spring driven.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 19:35

Trust me ,that logos a mile off,it does not show like this on any other photos. just scroll your page down a bit to find the straight edge and you will see its way off.
The curved sapphire crystal does not cause this.I have taken a few shots of the pulsomatic here and no way is any like this.

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Oct 2012, 19:45

richard_uk wrote:I think that wonky logo could be a trick of the camera, if you look at other views of the face the logo looks straight. I'm not convinced that the watch pictured is a fake, it just looks too good. Does the original have some kind of battery in it which is charged by the auto movement?

Check this shot, against the edge of the module (blue ) ,its running off down hill to the left..............................
norikohxb7240.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BENRUS

Wizard

Wizard

Post02 Nov 2012, 16:08

I'm enjoying my authentic Hamilton Pulsomatic (Android App) Cost is FREE :mrgreen:

Displays actual time, and will display the date if you touch the watch crystal.
HAMILTON PULSOMATIC.JPG

Anyone with app making experience want to tackle making a Pulsar P1?
Next

Return to Modern Digitals