It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:00

Ventura Sigma - Replacement Band Question

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

cdarren

Ventura Sigma - Replacement Band Question

Post02 Mar 2013, 03:40

I have a Ventura Sigma, I picked it up in 2006 and I like it. However, I am not a big fan of the band and would like to replace it. As you probably know the sigma sits off center on the wrist and any band would need to be rather asymmetrical to look right. Any ideas on who might sell a band that would work? I am looking for probably black leather of some type. I saw that Ventura now sells the sigma with a metal band (which would be great), but I have been unable to get any response via email from them about cost and availability. I did see an old price list years ago and I remember the price they wanted for replacement bands was outrageous, IMO - so I doubt I would buy one from them (but it would be nice if they answered their emails)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in Florida (and I am not crazy...mostly) in the USA.
Regards
cdarren

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Ventura Sigma - Replacement Band Question

Post02 Mar 2013, 10:40

Hello Darren and welcome to the forum.

if you want me I could call them regarding your bracelet. The last time I was on their website the bracelets reached 500€ which is - yes - very expensive.

cdarren

Post02 Mar 2013, 13:53

Thank you, but there must be a misunderstanding. Either in watch maker/type or, more likely, currency. When I see "K" (as in 500K), it means "thousand" which makes 500K equal to 500000. I see you are in Germany so maybe the "K" is a currency marker and it means 500 euros or dollars. When I bought the Sigma it had a retail price of only 1800 US dollars - so a bracelet that costs 500 dollars would be very expensive (nearly a third the total cost of the watch), but a bracelet that cost 500000 dollars, well that is just not possible.

If the Ventura price for a new metal bracelet is in the 500 euro range, I would not be interested. I am hoping to spend less than 200 dollars for a new bracelet.

Thank you very much for your timely reply and the kind welcome.
Regards
cdarren

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post02 Mar 2013, 21:48

The Venturas are wonderful watches.

Great design and wonderful build quality
I now own 2 Venturas the Sigma and the Alpha II Vtec and in a few more weeks 2 more will join them
which i bought from a very nice forum member and good friend from the UK.
A Ventura/BMW Sparc automatic and The Alpha I.

I can hardly wait for them to arrive.
I'd be interested in a ss bracelet for the Sigma aswell so please keep me informed on how much one would cost.

Regards,
Cesar
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post06 Mar 2013, 00:28

Ventura Sigma is an awesome watch. I wished I am wishing to pay that price for one :p

As of the strap, would something like this works? You need to cut the strap to adjust the length of the strap.

http://www.modenawatch.com/14mm-22mm-MO ... y-flat.htm

P_Nobs

Post07 Mar 2013, 11:44

cdarren wrote:I have a Ventura Sigma, I picked it up in 2006 and I like it. However, I am not a big fan of the band and would like to replace it. As you probably know the sigma sits off center on the wrist and any band would need to be rather asymmetrical to look right. Any ideas on who might sell a band that would work? I am looking for probably black leather of some type. I saw that Ventura now sells the sigma with a metal band (which would be great), but I have been unable to get any response via email from them about cost and availability. I did see an old price list years ago and I remember the price they wanted for replacement bands was outrageous, IMO - so I doubt I would buy one from them (but it would be nice if they answered their emails)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in Florida (and I am not crazy...mostly) in the USA.

You can order straps and bracelets for any Ventura watch directly online at www.ventura.ch. Mails to info@ventura.ch are always responded, but no such from you was received. Best regards, Pierre of Ventura

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post07 Mar 2013, 14:38

welcome Mr. Nobs from us moderators...we hope you enjoy your stay here and enlighten us with knowledge :-D

Don't hesitate to post your most beautiful pictures, you know we are all digital watch fans here "willkommen" i'm sure there are a lot of Ventura fans on the board.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Mar 2013, 11:36

Thank you Mr. Nobs for the reply and the wonderfully designed watches.
Welcome on the forum.

Kind Regards,
Cesar

"willkommen"
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post09 Aug 2013, 00:51

I found a rubber/silicon strap for my Sigma that would fit my 6.5" wrist size. its quite comfortable and I like it. The clasp is not "centered" but it doesn't bother me much. I am still on a look out for straps that would work with the watch.

Return to Modern Digitals