Seiko Sdga001.

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Seiko Sdga001.

Post03 Jul 2013, 19:07

This fabulous watch has now ceased production in Japan,Seiko have no remaining stock.
I would advise anyone to pick one up now. ;-) .........................i have..again.after trading it earlier in the year to a forum member,big mistake. :cry:
The original all stainless version was always the best option..... :mrgreen:The black version,no matter how good the coating is will mark and they are a fingerprint magnet,as are most black watches.The gold version is a bit too out there. :pimp:
For UK or European buyers your best option is to find one in Europe,forget Japan as with the import taxes and handling your actually worse off,as the Japanese offer only a 1 year warranty against 2 years in Europe. :mega:
Of all the digitals i have seen and owned,including Venturas,the SDGA trumps them all.Superb clarity,excellent build ,totally self sufficient, and very clever technology streaks ahead of everything else. :ha: :ha:
Really anything that requires regular battery changes and re sealing with water pressure testing is,in my opinion old hat,and can be very expensive.
I also purchased the SBPG001 recently and it also is very much all you would need ,also self sufficient.It also syncs perfectly,even in a cupboard in its box. :-D
These two watches are,for me at least, perfect.I am glad to have secured one of the last available...........................................................................
And on a different note,if you wish to stick with traditional faced watches with hands, and the same features and convenience look no further than Citizen Signature and AT world time models they are superb.There is nothing cooler than to take out the diver model after its been in storage for a month or two and to see it adjust its hands and date to the correct time be itself, even the date dial is motorised in the diver model :mega: :mega:
Last edited by holly35 on 06 Jul 2013, 12:05, edited 5 times in total.

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Seiko Sdga001.

Post03 Jul 2013, 20:05

I agree, a must have for every collector. :-D
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Jul 2013, 13:21

Holly can you make some recommendation for a dealer, by PM if necessary?

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post09 Jul 2013, 01:14

I love my SDGA001. It's simply awesome. It does lack chronograph function and the response to the button inputs are a little slow, but its still an excellent "wear it and forget it" watch with a screen that looks great.

Return to Modern Digitals