Ventura superiority?

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Re: Ventura superiority?

Post27 Jul 2013, 15:31

ronaldheld wrote:I think Andy is ensorcered by Ventura. They are nice watches but not the best that could be.

i think you mean ensorcelled, & yeah i probably am.

Why else would i put $1500 down on a watch on the other side of the world that I've only ever seen in cyberspace M:)W:)M

it wouldnt be the first time either :fool:
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Jul 2013, 15:34

Sorry Andy spelling is not my strong suit. I have bought watches without seeing them live. Tbe Delta was not one of them.

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 15:35

i'm with you there - i had to look it up :grin1:
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 15:38

well apart from the rhetorical nature of the OP's question, at least this discussion might have livened the place up a bit - it seems to be pretty quiet around here since I've popped back.
cheers
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

planetlcd

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 16:02

Andy, I'm sure you will enjoy your Delta. Nothing wrong with getting excited about it and if you don't like it the excitement will continue when you sell it, so its win win either way :grin1:

As I have posted before, I was one owner that had a a problem with a button falling off my delta and that didn't stop me from buying another Ventura. I'm not obsessed with this brand, I just simply enjoy owning one. These forums are great to get info and share info with others and I get the impression that you go with what "you" desire, thats the way :-D

Enjoy your watch when it arrives :!:

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 16:12

thanks planetlcd - yes i remember you saying about your button issue (holly said it had happened more than once but meh - im not going worry about more clarification on that point)

anyway, its left California yesterday - had a stop over in Anchorage Alaska! & should be in Australian airspace as I type this.

not long to go now :-D
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 16:14

oh, one more question - does it have a 'motion detector' to turn off the alarm? i thought i read that somehwere :scratch:

thanks
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

planetlcd

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 16:18

My Delta was the black one and wished I ordered the hardened SS version, which one did you order ?

Black looked good but left fingerprint marks all over it…

Motion detector for the alarm ? I don't think so

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 16:22

the stainless one with bracelet,.

seems there might be a delay although it was saying this before the plane arrived in alaska (no im not sure whats going on)

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 16:27

planetlcd wrote:Motion detector for the alarm ? I don't think so

ahh no worries, if it did have one it might be unreliable - not what you want when the alarms going off lol
cheers
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg

planetlcd

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jul 2013, 17:20

That clearance delay might be from customs getting it ready to ask you for 10% tax. My first Ventura had 10% tax added to the cost and after I paid - it was cleared for the final leg of the journey.

Last month I had an item delivered to my door and the shipping notification was still showing hawaii, goes to show the shipping notifications are not always accurate so you might get it on mon :-)

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post29 Jul 2013, 22:42

IIRC, the import tax is 6%, the wait is not easy ... :p

Plato

Geek

Geek

Post30 Jul 2013, 01:14

cj.cooper wrote:
Plato wrote:Sorry... but that sigma ... M:)W:)M
it's just not wearable! imho

So, how long did you try wearing it?

You did try wearing it, right? :eek:

I thought it looked odd too... until i tried it on.
And, until i tried it on, I would never have thought to get an orange strap :mega:

You're absolutely correct I haven't tried it. I'm sure it is well engineered. The size looks like it would get bumped a lot? Does the thickness interfere with shirt cuffs?

It looks too noticeable to me, I think that the comments from other people would make it unwearable. It is too much of a novelty for my taste. Of course, that is what it is all about and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure I have added much to the debate and sorry to all for butting in - just wanted to express my initial reaction about this watch.

Enjoy wearing them.

J

cj.cooper

Post30 Jul 2013, 04:09

Plato wrote:
You're absolutely correct I haven't tried it. I'm sure it is well engineered. The size looks like it would get bumped a lot? Does the thickness interfere with shirt cuffs?

It looks too noticeable to me, I think that the comments from other people would make it unwearable. It is too much of a novelty for my taste. Of course, that is what it is all about and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure I have added much to the debate and sorry to all for butting in - just wanted to express my initial reaction about this watch.

Enjoy wearing them.

J

"No worries" - just saying I too gave it a very 'sideways' glance when I first saw it... in fact, it was so peculiar looking, I went to look closer and saw the analogue Venturas they had... and so ended up googling 'Ventura' and then getting the Ventrua V-matic analogue, which is 'normal'... but lovely hard titanium.

Did you see the Romain Jerome watch in t'other thread? I'm pretty sure that won't work on my wrist :eek:

Oh, it hasn't been bumped really at all - it's not that much more proud of your arm than a regular watch, just different. And i'm normally using it at work on oil rigs.. not much call for shirt cuffs, but coveralls are no problem :-D

Andy_from_Perth

Techie

Techie

Post31 Jul 2013, 13:15

wow, i love it.
:eek:

thanks for the advice guys
ss Ventura V-Tech DELTA
ss Seiko sbpg
Previous

Return to Modern Digitals