It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:35

Ventura Sigma with new metal bracelet (Photos)

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

joshkerr

Ventura Sigma with new metal bracelet (Photos)

Post08 Aug 2013, 02:22

After bringing new life to my Braun digital with a metal expandable strap I decided to replace a very worn rubber strap on my Ventura Sigma. I ordered the bracelet from Ventura directly and it shipped really fast. Took like 4 days from Germany to Texas. When it arrived I whipped out my watch toolkit, removed some links and replaced the rubber strap with the shiny new one.

The metal bracelet is surprisingly heavy. It has a very premium feel to it and makes the entire watch feel like a more expensive timepiece. I was able to get a good fit removing 3 links and my writs are pretty small. The watch sits nicely on my wrist, much better with the metal band than the rubber one it came with.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. My all time favorite metal band is still the Omega shark mesh bracelet which I put on one of my Omega's in the photos below. In my opinion nothing is as comfortable or as beautiful as that band.

I've got two new watches on their way, a Pulsar calculator watch from 1976 on its way (bought it off Ebay) and a Seiko SDGA001. I'm particularly excited about the Seiko.

Here are some photos:

The old strap:

The Omega Shark mesh strap:

Last edited by joshkerr on 08 Aug 2013, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

cj.cooper

Re: Ventura Sigma with new metal bracelet (Photos)

Post08 Aug 2013, 07:02

Photos not working... Sadly.

the sigma with rubber strap is already pretty hefty... Have I mentioned titanium and Ventura before :bang:
T'would be a thing of joy and wonder.

joshkerr

Post08 Aug 2013, 15:41

cj.cooper wrote:Photos not working... Sadly.

Photos fixed.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post09 Aug 2013, 01:10

You should have told me about Sigma bracelet before hand and I would have saved you some money by selling you mine ... LOL

I kinda like the Sigma on bracelet. But I wasn't able to size it down enough with all the removeable links to fit my wrist size. So its likely that the bracelet will sit in the box until I gained enough weight as I get closer to middle age ... haha

And I wished for a diver-style clasp with micro-adjustment or at least give us half links. :p

I had to look up and down for 3 months for a non-OEM rubber strap to fit my wrist size.

Anyway, the Sigma with bracelet looks great. Enjoy the watch. :)

I also have the SDGA001 and I love that watch. Sadly enough, neither does the Seiko has micro-adjustment on the clasp nor half links. It just happens that I can get a decent fit with the bracelet. Its still just a little tight on hot summer days. But the large and clear EPD display, great construction and detail more than make up for the lack of bracelet adjustment.

Return to Modern Digitals