Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Kisai Rorschach EPaper Watch :update 31/08/14

Post19 Nov 2013, 11:29

At Tokyoflash

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/kisai/rorschach?utm_source=streamsend&utm_medium=email&utm_content=19926923&utm_campaign=New%2520Kisai%2520Rorschach%2520ePaper%2520Watch

Update : 31/08/2014

I managed to get one..here is my review after a week wearing it :-D

In 1921 Swiss psychologist Hermann Rorschach pioneered the now famous "Rorschach inkblot test". A series of mysterious ink blots used to evaluate a patient's thoughts & emotions by their response as to what the patterns remind them of.

Kisai Rorschach is the first watch from Tokyoflash Japan to use an e-Paper display from E Ink. The unique way that ePaper displays work means that the segments appear to be seamless. This is ideal for replicating the appearance of an inkblot on paper.

Very comfy and nice to wear...light, thin watch with date and alarm and a synthetic vintage band. The e-inkt display is always on and you see the whole display refreshing ones every minute to change the minutes...it's to slow to show seconds. The advantage is that it only uses current for changing the display..the display stays the same if it has no current.
The 3 different (grades of difficulty to read) ways to display the time gives the watch an artistic feel and look.
The time is displayed by reading the 3th and 4th digit on the first row and the first and second digits on the second row.
The e-paper display is super sharp and readable from every angle.

I just missed a light for at night :-D

Great watch worth buying if like new tech.

Some shots :-)

enjoy all :dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Re: Kisai Rorschach EPaper Watch

Post10 Dec 2013, 01:00

Wait, wha? How would I want a watch with a hard (difficult) way to tell time? Not that "easy" is easy in any way, nor does it looks nice in any of the display difficulty level setting ...

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post11 Feb 2014, 02:16

stockae92 wrote:Wait, wha? How would I want a watch with a hard (difficult) way to tell time? Not that "easy" is easy in any way, nor does it looks nice in any of the display difficulty level setting ...

Well at least you don't have to charge it once a week. M:)W:)M

Sorree !@@!
:dwf:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post11 Feb 2014, 02:19

LOL, I have a phone that I need to change at least once a day, sometimes more.

Plug it in for 2 hours once every 7 day is a luxury :p

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post11 Feb 2014, 03:26

stockae92 wrote:LOL, I have a phone that I need to change at least once a day, sometimes more.

Plug it in for 2 hours once every 7 day is a luxury :p

I know, I have 2 of the F in things. I really wish I only had to charge them
once a week. Sod it I'm off to buy an I pad cos "the Apple devices bring a lot more to the table for that single charging cycle, they have full internet access, large screens, play music and videos." and you don't have to charge them every day. :scratch:
No really you don't, so long as you don't switch it on and use it, it'll last at least a week. M:)W:)M M:)W:)M
:ironie:
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post11 Feb 2014, 13:18

A watch that displays the time as 'inkblots'? Hmmm just what I have always wanted! ;-) I wonder if the instructions include any guide lines to interpret what you see....what if I see one that looks like a puppy being drowned does it mean that I am turning into a serial killer?

I wonder if the mark two version is going to include Electroconvulsive therapy? Probably not the voltage drain would mean that the battery would need charging too often. :grin1:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post11 Feb 2014, 19:58

Well I saw this some time ago along with the Neutron here: http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/kisai/neutron/
Actually I'm in love with the Rorschach Epaper watch. But I won't buy one because I might loose it.
Maybe if they made a rechargeable one so I know where Iv'e left it when I take it off, I wouldn't loose it. :ha: ;-)
Soreee about me !@@!
Actually I quite like the Olivia Neutron one in blue. :grin1:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post11 Feb 2014, 23:53

jagmad wrote:Actually I quite like the Olivia Neutron one in blue. :grin1:

She's the one that I want, I would be hopelessly devoted to it, I got chills just thinking about it - Wow it's electrifying! I can see these selling like greased lightening :grin1:

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post12 Feb 2014, 02:51

bucko170 wrote:
jagmad wrote:Actually I quite like the Olivia Neutron one in blue. :grin1:

She's the one that I want, I would be hopelessly devoted to it, I got chills just thinking about it - Wow it's electrifying! I can see these selling like greased lightening :grin1:

A very physical watch, maybe even my Xanadu.

Actually ELO's Mamma Belle was the first record I bought. Also the first band I saw live.
I have most (if not all) of their albums.Top group imo.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post14 Mar 2014, 22:49

Return to Modern Digitals