It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:12

My new Seiko Brightz SDGA009(withVideo).>>

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

rex

My new Seiko Brightz SDGA009(withVideo).>>

Post08 Mar 2014, 08:11

Hi Y'all! New member here on the DWF, and would like to share my new acquisition.

Less than a week old, mayhem strikes once again...I took this pic just minutes after a serious SMACK against the backside of a wrought iron chair. OUCH, OMG! My new puppy's crystal...Did this just happen?!!!!" I was almost certain, not even sapphire could sustain a knock like that and come out unscathed.
The end result, the pic speaks 000's...Happy to be wrong sometimes. :-) It's 12:04 btw, in the Roman Numerical mode. :~)

EPD technology is like Hi-Def for any digital watch dial!..80,000 pixel screen...A pleasure to view from any angle!

One of the coolest functions...A timestamp screen indicating last atomic clock update.

What, no AR coating? Oh well, Momma said there'll be days like this, Momma said...Oh well... :~)

Bracelet and clasp....smooth as silk!

And finally, the caseback....LoL! Made in China. What isn't nowadays? Hope you enjoyed.

Something I just noticed today and find strange..Notice, there is no "B" Brightz logo, or the word "Brightz" is written on the dial, or inscribed on the caseback...An oversight perhaps, or could this very well be the first Brightz model produced incognito? :Hi:
Last edited by rex on 14 Mar 2014, 21:57, edited 4 times in total.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: My new Seiko Brightz SDGA009.>>

Post08 Mar 2014, 10:57

Hi Rex and welcome to the board...thats a great watch...you will be pleased with it.
Thanks for the nice picture and if you work with youtube...we would like to see a small movie...just to see the refreshrate of the screens and the light :-D

Specifications:
Solar electric wave correction
Caliber S771
Case material
Stainless steel case (hard coating)
Sapphire glass
15 seconds ±: accuracy
Waterproof 10 BAR
Antimagnetic
Weight 147g
Thickness 9.5mm
Power saving function
Alarm function
World time function (32 cities)
Dual time display function
LED light function
Receive radio signals in N. America, Germany, United Kingdom, EU

you can see seconds but there is no timer or stopwatch.

"willkommen" :dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Cesar

Wizard

Wizard

Re: My new Seiko Brightz SDGA009.>>

Post08 Mar 2014, 12:21

Welcome to the forum Rex.
And thank you for the nice post/pictures.

"willkommen"

Cesar
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
The reason i collect watches is because it feels like i'm buying time.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Re: My new Seiko Brightz SDGA009(withVideo).>>

Post13 Mar 2014, 03:12

I truly think its one of the best and more enjoyable digital watch to wear. The viewing angle and clarity is crazy! :) I had the SDGA001.

After watching your vid, I like how Seiko make the response a lot quicker. And the graphic current time mode is more useful when you can see all the possible screen of tell time all at once.

The atomic solar, sapphire crystal, detail, the bracelet reminds of AP RO (for SDGA001) ... :p

My complain about it is the lack of half links or micro-adjustment holes for comfort. When the wrist size and the bracelet length works just right, its very comfortable to wear. BUT what it gets hot or cold and your wrist size changes with that, the lack of micro-adjustment is annoying for me. :(

If Seiko had throw in 2 half links into the package, this would have been the PERFECT watch

BTW, is the bracelet sold links or folder links?

rex

Thanks Stockae, I originally ordered the SDGA003>>

Post14 Mar 2014, 03:24

but when it arrived the alarm function was defective, and sent it back...I wasn't very pleased with the excessive time it took between screen changes...It was then I learned the new S771 caliber was redesigned with a much faster screen rate. I asked my AD I'd rather the SDGA009 instead for the same price, and he accommodated.

I agree...A couple of half-links would provide for a closer fit when the seasons change.

The links feel to be solid. Best wishes.

stockae92 wrote:I truly think its one of the best and more enjoyable digital watch to wear. The viewing angle and clarity is crazy! :) I had the SDGA001.

After watching your vid, I like how Seiko make the response a lot quicker. And the graphic current time mode is more useful when you can see all the possible screen of tell time all at once.

The atomic solar, sapphire crystal, detail, the bracelet reminds of AP RO (for SDGA001) ... :p

My complain about it is the lack of half links or micro-adjustment holes for comfort. When the wrist size and the bracelet length works just right, its very comfortable to wear. BUT what it gets hot or cold and your wrist size changes with that, the lack of micro-adjustment is annoying for me. :(

If Seiko had throw in 2 half links into the package, this would have been the PERFECT watch

BTW, is the bracelet sold links or folder links?

Al_Mc

Nerd

Nerd

Post08 Feb 2015, 23:36

That's a beauty. I have a couple of EPD watches myself and really like them.

stockae92

Techie

Techie

Post09 Feb 2015, 19:18

This isn't bad either :p

Return to Modern Digitals