Re: New #HGWC LED driver watch

Post30 Jan 2015, 22:23

Hey Kasper, did you make the video in the morning? :-D

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Jan 2015, 22:52

If I did not have a Synchronar I would buy one(cash permitting).

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post31 Jan 2015, 00:16

I woke up, a little blurry, when I notice 2 of these beauties sitting in the corner of my kitchen. My wife yelling at me that it's already late and I have to get grocery for serving breakfast for some guests. I just couldn't resist :-D They were yelling at me :-)
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post31 Jan 2015, 11:18

Look cool 8-)

I can't make up my mind which version to go for, would it be possible for some side to side comparison videos or photos?

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Jan 2015, 11:41

It´s very hard to take pictures of this watch. For this reason I could send you the versions which are available so far. As said if you don´t like them, just return everything.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post31 Jan 2015, 14:13

Isn't it costly to send these watch internationally even if you return them?

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Jan 2015, 17:32

Wow. It is here and on my wrist. The display is perfect, the case is perfect, the strap is perfect, the button is perfect, the... :-D

I will post pictueres soon and a review but hey! Just look at the first sentence!

:Hi:

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post31 Jan 2015, 18:45

Another short quick teaser to wet your appetit :-D enjoy this beautiful gem.

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Jan 2015, 19:17

Thanks for the comments.

Well registered air mail shipping is below 10€ so I can cover these expenses. :grin1:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post31 Jan 2015, 20:54

SASM wrote:It´s very hard to take pictures of this watch. For this reason I could send you the versions which are available so far. As said if you don´t like them, just return everything.

Thanks Hanno that is a very kind offer, the only problem I would have is that knowing me I would want to keep them all once I have them. ~:( I will have to give it some more thought, all versions look great so whatever I decide I am sure I will be happy. :-D

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post31 Jan 2015, 20:56

Kasper wrote:Another short quick teaser to wet your appetit :-D enjoy this beautiful gem.

Is this the black DLC version?

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Jan 2015, 23:25

Hi Mick,

take your time please. A purchase in a hurry is usually a very bad one. Indeed this is the DLC version. DLC is more anthracite then black. It´s a high gloss finish and looks extremely nice.

Hanno.

your_man_in_Hamburg

Techie

Techie

Post07 Feb 2015, 18:36

Hi Hanno,

What kind of a lousy sales-person are you anyway? ;-)
When I contacted you about the SASM8x modules recently, thinking about revitalising my long dead Synchronar as a replacement for the two watches which were stolen from me, you did not mention this new creation of yours with as much as a comma. Is this the result of some out-of-place Lutheran modesty?

Now my questions about the HGWC watch:
  • How short can the bracelet be made? I have pretty darn skinny wrists (for my age).
  • I find it interesting that the German user's manual puts the battery life to "bis zu" 5 years, whereas the English manual claims that the battery life "can extend to 5 years or more". Now, for those of you who haven't lived in Germany, "bis zu", in any sales pitch, means that "we managed to do this once, under controlled, optimised laboratory conditions, using a specially serviced brand new object". I doubt Hanno is using the average German meaning of the phrase, but I couldn't help to notice.
    This hair-splitting aside, any new owner of this watch is bound to notice the well known new LED watch syndrome; The first battery will burn out much faster than the subsequent ones, for the simple reason of the intense use which comes with new-watch-enthusiasm, demonstrations for friends, relatives, work buddies, and everybody else who did not run for cover fast enough.
  • I am slightly surprised at the size of the watch, when compared with the Synchronar. The HGWC is somewhat longer, somewhat narrower, but about as thick. Where did all the space saved by not having a solar cell go? Was it a conscious design decision, in line with the current mainstream fashion trend of oversized watches? (Sorry, it's my skinny wrists speaking again. After all, they are much closer to the keyboard than my brain. :-P )
  • Is the space reserved for a later solar-powered version? :O`~

Hats off! Keep up the good work!

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post07 Feb 2015, 23:58

Yep, definitely lacks advertising. I also just saw this and i was quite surprised.

Kinda like a mix between Synchronar and a GP. The flick your wrist feature is pretty cool and the massive metal design impressive. Too bad it lacks any other interesting features, I would have loved to see solar cells or a speaker (Alarm) in it.

Only thing that keeps me from buying it is the massive price tag, for over 700 Euro it is simply not enough "love on the first sight". Personally my daily wearers are the dual LCD/LED watches since i can secretly read the time without any buttons or suspicious movement at a boring meeting and at night i use the LED display. Would be cool if version 2.0 had an additional LCD display or solar cells on top. :-P

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post08 Feb 2015, 00:44

I think if it had solar panels on top some people would say it is too much of a Synchronar clone.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post08 Feb 2015, 01:08

Well as the admin I don´t want to use this forum as an advertisment platform for my own products. An announcement of a new module or this watch is OK, but everything else is bad manners. It´s a very small series production which I have to do in my free time. I am not able to produce in huge numbers. Beside that I don´t want everybody to own this product.

@your_man_in_Hamburg:
You are right, the manual hasn´t been translated 1:1. If you push the button 200 times per hour everybody knows what will happen. That´s also the case with the flick of the wrist feature which is the first one that actually works. It´s so much fun to activate it, so I am doing it quite often. But what should I have written? The battery life reaches from 1 hour if you push the button like crazy to 5 years for a collectors watch? :scratch:

My wrist has a "tiny" circumference of just 175mm. The watch just feels right, not too small for today´s taste like the GP Casquette which seems more like a women´s watch now and not too big like the new Panerais, which do not look elegant anymore. I wanted to create a certain kind of elegant jewelry watch without an overloaded feature menu. That´s Casios range and they are good at it - very good.

I used all the space for a thick and heavy stainless steel case, the shape, the movement switch and the battery. Take a Synchronar and show it to someone who has no idea of LED watches. He will say it looks cheap as it´s so light and rattly. I don´t want to badmouth the Synchronar and I have maximum respect for its inventor. But after 40 years the sense for quality has changed and the #HGWC watch is no exeption. This quality comes at a cost just like the Pulsars and Synchronars in the early 70s. In 2055, I am sure people will say the same about the quality of today´s products.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post10 Feb 2015, 06:06

Hanno, Awesome creation. Looks beautiful. I have a drawerful of Synchronars that I wear regularly, but your creation is different enough to make it very tempting. :O`~ . Well done and I feel that with all the work that went into that project that your pricing is very moderate. I am thinking hard on this one. Peter

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post12 Feb 2015, 14:22

Have you though of Titanium or other case materials?

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post12 Feb 2015, 22:00

Hi Peter,
thanks for your kind comments on the watch. :-D

ronaldheld wrote:Have you though of Titanium or other case materials?

Not really as it completely goes against the whole concept of a strong watch. At the moment I have the opinion that a LED watch case should be made from stainless steel and nothing else. Maybe I will start with a new ceramic watch concept at a later point of time. But this would be a totally different watch.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post13 Feb 2015, 16:15

I have the DLC version on order, can't wait for it to arrive :-D

I haven't brought many new watches of late but couldn't resist this one! A full review will follow shortly! :-D

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post13 Feb 2015, 19:12

Looking forward to reading a comprehensive review.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post13 Feb 2015, 21:44

Hi Mick,

I´ve shipped your watch yesterday. Other than the brushed and chrome version, the DLC watch comes with an 18k white gold button instead of red gold. Just in case you did not know.

Hanno :-D
PreviousNext

Return to Modern Digitals