It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:38

Just got my DBC-610 (Data Bank Calculator)

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

Smaug

Just got my DBC-610 (Data Bank Calculator)

Post20 Mar 2015, 04:32

I think this is a 1985 design. I wanted one back in 1985, but as a 9 year old, I could not afford it. I think it was around $80. Now, finally, the price is down despite inflation, thanks to the plastic case.

In this quick 'n dirty shot, you can see how it is pushing the CA53W off my wrist. :grin1:

I had a DBC150 a while ago, which is a superior module. I remembered liking the calendar a lot. It was not as intrusive as the iPhone alerts are nowadays. Just a quiet little reminder that an important event was upcoming. I would go check what that even was, then it would be in my mind after a while, without my even having to look. Then, they are auto-deleted, keeping the memory freed-up for other things.

I decided to try one again, now that they're only about $35 new on Amazon.

The little LED sidelight is pretty weak, just barely adequate. I think 50 pages of data will also be adquate, since I probably won't store many phone #s in it. The shape is nice (wraps around the top of the wrist) the display shows useful stuff, and the feature set is nice too. (I would have a hard time going without a timer, for example)

If it goes well and I really like it and use it a lot, I may invest in a clean used DBC-150 or -310 on FeeBay.
-Jeremy
My current collection

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Just got my DBC-610 (Data Bank Calculator)

Post20 Mar 2015, 10:53

Very nice ones...they look so sophisticated :-D , i like the wristflick for the light.

bought this cause it's such a cool color

and another one

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to Modern Digitals