Fossil OLED acting weird

Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Fossil OLED acting weird

Post20 Oct 2015, 00:47

I have one of these damn Fossil OLED watches, you know one of these disappointing silly animation ones with 3 color OLED display. Well i never used it and wanted to sell it on ebay now. But it just acts up weird, sometimes not reacting at all and then just resetting time and date and everything. I know it has that "reset" contact on the back that you are supposed to "quickly" (???) touch with "tweezers". No idea how you can get tweezers in there but i put a bent paper clip in it a thousand times, battery on and off and sometimes it looks like it work right but acts up like 30 minutes later. I already cleaned the contacts and bent the metal pin that i guess is supposed to connect to the case, scratched the case on the contact point a bit, but nothing. Is it broken or is there some explanation for this behaviour? How do you use that "reset hole" properly? I guess it's needless to say it didn't come with proper instructions...

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: Fossil OLED acting weird

Post20 Oct 2015, 12:43

That's weird as normally the screen on those just gets progressively dimmer until you have nothing.
Although I have had similar problems with Chinese LCD's with the fluorescent back light.
It seems to start with pressing the light button, the screen goes all Egyptian hieroglyphic.
Never to return properly. Which is sad as this happened to my Josh Chadwick just last week. :sad:
Although unlikely the only common note is they don't get a lot of wrist time.
As for the reset spots I just cross them using the end of a flat screwdriver.
There's no secret formula (I don't think) just short the contacts together once, has always worked for me.

Hope you have more fortune than me, let us know if you sort it.
Sorry I can't be of more helpful, lets hope someone else has an answer.
:Prost:
Pete
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post26 Oct 2015, 19:15

I had two P2 Pulsar watches converted to run with OLED modules.....both modules had failed within a year. :cry:

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post26 Oct 2015, 19:56

i had 2...both not working anymore.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post26 Oct 2015, 21:00

Hi Kasper is your Josh Chadwick still going strong?
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post26 Oct 2015, 21:08

Took me a while to remember this watch:-)..after hurting my brain and looking through all my watches...yess i have found it and still going perfect :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post26 Oct 2015, 23:27

Sorry I should have posted a pic of it. ;-)
To save you the bother.
Good that it's still going but just a word of warning that when mine went wrong
it was when I pressed the 10 o'clock button that works only the light.
As I have said before this is the second Chinese module to go gaga on me, when I
pressed the light button with a battery that had been in for over 12 months, but
the screen still looking good.
It could be a coincidence but it's happened both times.
:bang: :bang:

Pete

Return to Modern Digitals