Discussion on MODERN LED, LCD, OLED and E-INK watches
  • Author

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

HGWC battery change

Post12 Feb 2020, 09:56

Hello HGWC owners,
Can anyone give a full tutorial on a battery change inc photos please or even a short video ? ( for future reference)
Kind of miss the coin opening battery hatches ............................

your_man_in_Hamburg

Techie

Techie

Re: HGWC battery change

Post14 Jul 2020, 22:34

I must say I feel tempted to do it.

After all, I do have an HGWC watch, and I do have an account at http://www.instructables.com.

Now, on second thought, it occurs to me that such a battery replacement instruction is probably more at home at https://www.ifixit.com. Maybe it's time for me to get an account there.

My watch was recently fed a new battery, so it will take a while before I can start.

Best Regards
your man in Hamburg

holly35

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: HGWC battery change

Post15 Jul 2020, 14:27

Ive been comparing the HGWC driver with the Bulova re edition.
I found the HGWC over complicated to set up with too many settings etc,. The clasp is stamped which isnt as nice as Bulovas.
For me it needs a red crystal instead of the clear glass. I found the finishing on the Bulova better and more polished. Imo the brushed version of the HGWC is by far the more pleasing on the eye.The polished version just doesn't look as nice . I would recommend you purchase Hannos leather straps with nicer clasp, it helps the polish version look more expensive.
The battery change on the HGWC is not as user friendly, the coin opening back is great on the Bulova.
The display is a matter of what you prefer , but despite the modern led display on the Bulova i find its larger very bright display attractive and easy to read.
Overall i prefer the Bulova Computron. The HGWC is a nice watch , one for the old school purists ,but for me at least the Bulova is more polished overall.
Just as well different things appeal to different buyers.

Return to Modern Digitals